Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Human Torch Playing with Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal Rus
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are threads for every other version of this card, why not Zoidberg?

Reminder:
The first time you field a character each turn, each Human Torch already in the field gets +1A and +1D (until the end of the turn).

It was brought to my attention recently, that it's possible I've been playing it wrong till now.

Let's say I roll my 4 dice: 3 sidekicks and Torch. I get Torch lvl 3 (cost 2), sidekick, fist, fist.
First I use 2 fists to field Torch, then I field the sidekick.
Now, am I correct to assume Torch doesn't get a +1/+1 bonus? Reason being when I was fielding sidekick it wasn't the first time I was fielding a character this turn (it was first one I fielded while Torch is active, but that's not what trigger is asking for).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I design custom dividers, playmats, and cards for various BGG users.
badge
Check my profile page for links to all my posted projects!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's the way I read it. He would not get the +1/+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get why this ability is so restrictive. Not like the card is so great that is has to be nerfed or controlled in this way. This should have been the condition for Johnny Storm and Flame On if you ask me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah this is not a very impressive ability for its cost. Especially when you see the other versions of him. Direct damage will always win out unless the other abilities are better or the die is waaay cheaper.

I could see it as a 2 cost die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal Rus
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is a 2 cost die laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. By following the card text as its written he wouldnt get +1/+1 but then somehow I believe that the card is just worded sloppy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince The French Canadian
msg tools
rustoja wrote:

Reminder:
The first time you field a character each turn, each Human Torch already in the field gets +1A and +1D (until the end of the turn).

Or you could read it as "the first time you field a character" being the first character name.

For exemple, If HT is already fielded, and you roll your 4 dice (2 sidekicks and 2 beasts), and it results as all character sides (2 sidekicks and 2 lvl1 beasts), You would get a +1A/+1D for the first sidekick character and another +1/+1 for the first beast character.

It would be more of an advantage, no? But how to word this out to fit on a card...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Leist

Hagerstown
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmb
TechnoBabel wrote:
rustoja wrote:

Reminder:

Or you could read it as "the first time you field a character" being the first character name.

For exemple, If HT is already fielded, and you roll your 4 dice (2 sidekicks and 2 beasts), and it results as all character sides (2 sidekicks and 2 lvl1 beasts), You would get a +1A/+1D for the first sidekick character and another +1/+1 for the first beast character.

It would be more of an advantage, no? But how to word this out to fit on a card...?

The first time you field a different character each turn, each Human Torch already in the field gets +1A and +1D (until the end of the turn).

or

Each time you field a different character each turn, each Human Torch already in the field gets +1A and +1D (until the end of the turn).

Each, each, each....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.