Jean-Luc Picard (7)
Adm. Gul Dukat (5)
Breen Aide (2)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Shroud (1)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 45

5th Wing Patrol Ship (22)
Resource: Flagship Independent (Romulan) (10)
(Gen) Khan Singh (4)
Flagship (0)
Boheeka (2)
Breen Aide (2)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 34

Total Build SP: 89

I figure Picard (working with his bestest buddy Dukat) on the Koranak gives me 2 actions -1 of which should be Scan for the Breen Aide. The double Shroud gives me a 80% chance of a random draw discard being Shroud instead of DWA/Crew (if I don't do a Resistance Action).

The 5th Wing Bug gives me a free BS (for Boheeka), then a Scan for the Breen Aide. Shroud gives me a 75% chance to save DWA/Crew.

Dukat lets me add +1 Attack Die to a Primary Weapon attack to whichever ship needs it.

I could toss Regular Khan on the ship and lose the Shrouds or DWA, to capitalize on the free BS. But thought having two skill 10 captains was nice - assuming someone doesn't have Kirk+Picard - then I have a 10 & 11

I could also swap the Khan/Flagship to the Koranak and Picard/Dukat to the 5th wing. Though in the current configuration I have 2 relatively equivalent ships making it harder for an opponent to cripple my plans. Whatever they may be

Thanks - in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My concerns are two fold.

Should you encounter a single ship build, I think your damage output is low.
Likewise, against a 7+ attack single ship build, I think your tank is low.

These may not be concerns in your area, but the are something that should be considered when fleet building. (ie. How can I deal 25 damage to a double armor Borg Cube.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
First off - thanks for the feedback

Yeah, neither is really a powerhouse - but I figured at least with splitting up the attacks, all my eggs aren't in 1 basket which doesn't give my opponent as clear a target.

I could swap the Flagship and Khan/Boheeka over to the Koranak, with the +1 from Dukat that gives a 7 die attack (8 at range 1). The bug could still do an action to get +1 Attack Die for 4 (5 at range 1) and could boost that with Dukat to 5/6 if the Koranak doesn't need it.

Like:

Koranak (26)
Khan Singh (4)
Flagship (0)
Breen Aide (2)
Boheeka (2)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Shroud (1)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 39

Jean-Luc Picard (7)
Adm. Gul Dukat (5)
Breen Aide (2)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 40

Total Build SP: 89

If I go for the Dom Battleship, I am going to have a hell of a time with getting around a more maneuverable foe. Not like I can out maneuver the Borg and the BCT and avoid fire arcs anyway

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Going to try this and see what happens. Likely will have issues with Borg builds of course

Koranak (26)
Khan Singh (4)
Boheeka (2)
Breen Aide (2)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 48

Jean-Luc Picard (7)
Adm. Gul Dukat (5)
Omet'Iklan (5)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Ship SP: 42

Total Build SP: 90

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerimy O'Mary

Texas
msg tools
I'm trying a double Battle Cruiser build today, my Space Dock crashed and i lost it (luckily I have it printed from dracossoftware). I'll post how it did later. I'm using the ruling that assimilation counts as discards to power up a decent alpha strike...

edit:

List Name

Resource: Flagship Independent (Fed) (10)

2nd Division Cruiser (34)
Gul Dukat (5)
Flagship (0)
Boheeka (2)
Bosus (2)
Goval (1)
Ship SP: 44

Jem'Hadar Battle Cruiser (32)
Weyoun (5)
Omet'Iklan (4)
Amat'Igan (2)
Breen Aide (2)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 46

Total Build SP: 100

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Flame on! (Note: I know it's at 100pts, that's how our TO is doing it this time...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of the dual cruiser - I actually bought another today to give the double BC a shot

The list I ran actually took out a loaded cube build - in part thanks to some luck in what direction the BCT moved, which helped keep that large base penned in.

What I had trouble with was a total defensive build that was loaded with upgrades - just couldn't land a hit against 7+ defense dice and evades - but it was a work of art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerimy O'Mary

Texas
msg tools
NukeWasted wrote:
I'm trying a double Battle Cruiser build today, my Space Dock crashed and i lost it (luckily I have it printed from dracossoftware). I'll post how it did later. I'm using the ruling that assimilation counts as discards to power up a decent alpha strike...

edit:

List Name

Resource: Flagship Independent (Fed) (10)

2nd Division Cruiser (34)
Gul Dukat (5)
Flagship (0)
Boheeka (2)
Bosus (2)
Goval (1)
Ship SP: 44

Jem'Hadar Battle Cruiser (32)
Weyoun (5)
Omet'Iklan (4)
Amat'Igan (2)
Breen Aide (2)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 46

Total Build SP: 100

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Flame on! (Note: I know it's at 100pts, that's how our TO is doing it this time...)

Well, though I went 1-2, I think it did well. I never did get to use the Bosus/Goval combo. The 1st loss was against a Vulcan fleet, which put one cruiser on aux power when I was about to come about, so it got flown off theboard, and between the BCT and his others I got whittled down fairly quickly. The second was a loss mainly (I think) due to my setting up on thewrong side of the board, as I foolishly didnt pay attention to which way he set up to go, which resulted in me having to fly across the BCT (I also think I played this one too aggressively after the set up error). I'm goingto try to whittle this down to 90 pts for the next one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How did he put an aux on you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerimy O'Mary

Texas
msg tools
aaron2310 wrote:

He did it with Sensor Grid (5), lol didn't see it coming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NukeWasted wrote:
aaron2310 wrote:

Um...Sensor grid only puts Aux tokens on the ship using it and one friendly ship. The only adverse effect on opposing ships is that they must flip their cloak tokens to the red side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerimy O'Mary

Texas
msg tools
Hero_guy wrote:
NukeWasted wrote:
aaron2310 wrote:

Um...Sensor grid only puts Aux tokens on the ship using it and one friendly ship. The only adverse effect on opposing ships is that they must flip their cloak tokens to the red side.

Might have been Positron Beam, he had so many upgrades on his ships that it's hard to remember...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.