Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jennifer Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So with Op 2, the rules says:

"Players may, however, use any abilities that affect another player’s Ship, Upgrade or Captain Cards as long as those abilities do not cause direct damage to the opposing ship’s Hull or Shields."

So what devious ideas do you all have to hurt one another???

I thought about:

a) constantly flying in front of my opponent and hope they will bump me.

b) staying at the back and making sure I am not the one getting hit by the borg.

c) using 7 of 9 and Chekov to disable my opponent's upgrades.

d) ASSIMILATING my opponents upgrade with my borg ships...

WHAT ELSE HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT IN HURTING YOUR OPPONENT :-P ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bueckert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's always stuff like EM pulse to limit their damage output to the Borg and make them more vulnerable to the Borg attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BruinGirl wrote:

Neither 7 of 9 nor Chekov (in either of each of their incarnations) has any ability to disable any upgrades apart from themselves.

You might be thinking of O'Brien and others with similar abilities?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Positron beams are cheap in terms of points and action economy.

Projected Stasis Field and the Neg'Vahrs ability are both kosher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
Breen guards, or Klingon Boarding Party are two big ones. Sabotage is nice as it has range 1-2 and doesn't make you drop your shields (the targets shields still have to be down) and the always fun beam over tribbles.

Ferengi EM pulse seem like it would be great if you have it.

I don't think we have got an official ruling on mines, there is a semi-official one about no cloaked mines, but it didn't cover the other types. Energy Web is in the same boat of waiting on a ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
18 Ni'var
3 Vanik
5 Vulcan High Command
(4) Positron Beam x4

30 points

drop 4 aux towers on your opponent's ships before the game begins.

There was an official ruling by Chris Guild that Claoked Mines are not legal for the scenario.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hoskins
United States
OKC
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Skyguard wrote:
Breen guards, or Klingon Boarding Party are two big ones. Sabotage is nice as it has range 1-2 and doesn't make you drop your shields (the targets shields still have to be down) and the always fun beam over tribbles.

Ferengi EM pulse seem like it would be great if you have it.

I don't think we have got an official ruling on mines, there is a semi-official one about no cloaked mines, but it didn't cover the other types. Energy Web is in the same boat of waiting on a ruling.

I don't have the link handy, but the official ruling is that Mines aren't allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Admiral Kirk for disabling stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Illyth wrote:
BruinGirl wrote:

Neither 7 of 9 nor Chekov (in either of each of their incarnations) has any ability to disable any upgrades apart from themselves.

You might be thinking of O'Brien and others with similar abilities?

yes, I'm thinking of O'Brien; thanks.

I was also thinking of 7 of 9's Adaptation token and how at least that can help me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
18 Ni'var
3 Vanik
5 Vulcan High Command
(4) Positron Beam x4

30 points

drop 4 aux towers on your opponent's ships before the game begins.

There was an official ruling by Chris Guild that Claoked Mines are not legal for the scenario.

Creative Will as always...! But we play with Pure Faction ships... so what would you do with that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:

Found it, he thumb up the answer on the FAQ on page 17 Re: ST: AW Official FAQ I had seen the post but not that he thumb it up.

I still haven't seen anything on the other 2 types of mines. Oddly the next post down asks that question and wasn't answered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bakke
United States
Augusta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the Dominion's Energy Dissipator? Doesn't do direct damage by itself, but leaves the target ship wide open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M R
msg tools
ED's an attack. Can't do it. 'Cept to the BCT: then it's golden.

I like Tubules, PSF, Superior Intellect... Probably running Ilia or a Cube (if I decide to try dreadnaught) so my action economy isn't under threat. Koss, too, while I'm at it. Maybe a Goval to back him up: can't stop "steal" effects from hitting Koss, but stops the usual anti-crew stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The meta in this game is so strange, but i guess thats a good thing. Most people here online (that i have noticed) seems to think screwing with your opponent is the way to go. In all our practice games for this event (6 people, about 12-18 games). All of the "mess with opponent" fleets have been badly outscored by the "pour on the dmg to the cube" fleets. Its way harder to shut down a ship than it is to pour on the dmg. This game is heavily offensively justified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The fleet that has done best in practice is this one.

Vorcha, chump capt 26
Vorcha, Gowron 30
Negvar, Martok 34

If they pull the B'moth its lights out. thats 25 attack dice at the cube potentially every round.

This fleet has also got the highest score at 92 points one round.

Tubes are worthless against this fleet. So what if someone shuts down one ship. OFFENSE!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Lee
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How interesting! I haven't played any practice games so I have no idea...

1) how do you fire 25 attack dice every round with this?

2) do you have a problem with your ships taking hits from the borg? Do you last longer than your opponents?

3) What is B'moth?

4) Have you had a problem with your limited firing arcs?

5) Do you stay cloaked?

gylvan2002 wrote:

Vorcha, chump capt 26
Vorcha, Gowron 30
Negvar, Martok 34

If they pull the B'moth its lights out. thats 25 attack dice at the cube potentially every round.

Tubes are worthless against this fleet. So what if someone shuts down one ship. OFFENSE!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skip Bridson
United States
Traverse City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gylvan2002 wrote:

Vorcha, chump capt 26
Vorcha, Gowron 30
Negvar, Martok 34

I was planning on running a fleet like this for our OP2.

B'Moth is the Klingon Blind Booster for Collective OPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Payne
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
BruinGirl wrote:

2) do you have a problem with your ships taking hits from the borg? Do you last longer than your opponents?

3) What is B'moth?

5) Do you stay cloaked?

gylvan2002 wrote:

Vorcha, chump capt 26
Vorcha, Gowron 30
Negvar, Martok 34

I am counting at least 24 attack dice at ranges 2-3 and 28 at range 1 from all four ships. The problem here is the ships are going to get picked off pretty quick since they have no repair systems and/or evasion buffs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It'll also get severely hampered by Jammed Communications, any number of power tokens. The cube does not get defense dice in this scenario though which is interesting, but will be rolling alot of attack dice.

Edit: also remember if your opponent is running Weyoun/Varel, he can keeps attacking after all your ships are dead for an unlimited number of turns..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenn Mikos
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing but damage output (ship pure):

Quote:
Resource: Flagship Independent (Romulan) (10)

Cardassian Keldon Class (24)
Gorn Commander (3)
Flagship (0)
Follower of Khan (1)
Energy Dissipator (10)
Ship SP: 38

Cardassian Keldon Class (24)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Energy Dissipator (10)
Shroud (1)
Ship SP: 42

Total Build SP: 90

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Gorn Commander and Boheeka guarantee that the Dissipators hit the BCT every time, preventing it from attacking these two ships. Follow up with 13 attack dice plus Battlestations plus two blank->hit conversions. Each turn, re-enable ED's, pick up free BS's, repeat. Orbit the BCT at Range 1 and plink away with your invincible ships until time runs out.

Should die horribly to anything that can take away the ED's (Tubules, PSF + Superior intellect, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Johnsen
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kemikos wrote:
Orbit the BCT at Range 1 and plink away with your invincible ships until time runs out.

I had a similar build at first, but when I tried testing it, I couldn't get the Keldons to turn tight enough to stay in range 1 for very long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MormegilND wrote:
kemikos wrote:
Orbit the BCT at Range 1 and plink away with your invincible ships until time runs out.

I had a similar build at first, but when I tried testing it, I couldn't get the Keldons to turn tight enough to stay in range 1 for very long.

Throw Ilia on a ship and you can just smash into it and hang out there indefinitely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BruinGirl wrote:

3) What is B'moth?

5) Do you stay cloaked?

gylvan2002 wrote:

Vorcha, chump capt 26
Vorcha, Gowron 30
Negvar, Martok 34

1. not 25 EVERY round, but 25 possible. 3 ships at attack dice 5 one at 4 (b'moth is the klingon ship from the OP blind buy with 4 attack dice) gowron and martok can potentially buff every other ship but their own so 7+6+6+6=25 maximum possible under ideal circumstances.
2. Its not as bad as you think, with lots of ships you are only getting smacked for only 5 dice with no BS or TL its not that deadly.
3. answered above.
4. Not too bad, you don't need to do crazy manuvers just 1 and shoot 1 and shoot.
5.just the first round, if i cloak i can't pour on the dmg as much. Ours have been a race for dmg.

Hope this helps, im just reporting how the meta is different, we don't have all the answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Davitch wrote:
BruinGirl wrote:

3) What is B'moth?

5) Do you stay cloaked?

gylvan2002 wrote:

Vorcha, chump capt 26
Vorcha, Gowron 30
Negvar, Martok 34

I am counting at least 24 attack dice at ranges 2-3 and 28 at range 1 from all four ships. The problem here is the ships are going to get picked off pretty quick since they have no repair systems and/or evasion buffs.

thats true, i wasn't counting range one attacks. But im telling you the cube isn't that deadly. Its a bare roll of 5 dice so is luck dependent obviously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raleigh of Borg
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
delta_angelfire wrote:
It'll also get severely hampered by Jammed Communications, any number of power tokens. The cube does not get defense dice in this scenario though which is interesting, but will be rolling alot of attack dice.

Edit: also remember if your opponent is running Weyoun/Varel, he can keeps attacking after all your ships are dead for an unlimited number of turns..

someone tried that and they couldnt' do as much damage before time was called. 60 minutes goes fast. No fleet has been wiped in our testing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.