Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi gang,

Is the Chit Chat forum allowed to have some self-promotion of creative projects?

My friend and I are trying to cover some small expenses related to getting together to make a silly music album from our band named Redneck Roadtrip. The lyrics will be funny, the music will be decent, and we are just having fun. If you would like to help us out, I would really appreciate it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/401162528/new-redneck-r...

http://www.reverbnation.com/redneckroadtrip/song/21396875-go... - One of our old recordings

So this is for a music kickstarter and I didn't want to post it in the kickstarter forum because it isn't game related. I suppose a moderator can move it if they feel it is necessary.

Thanks,
Tim

Edit: added image.
Edit 2: added link to one of our songs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
substandardtim wrote:
Hi gang,

Is the Chit Chat forum allowed to have some self-promotion of creative projects?

I dunno-- will there be bacon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2 different songs in the works about bacon actually. One is sung from the perspective of the pig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hiding Tiger
Australia
Parmelia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
Grrrrrrrrowf!
badge
Grrrrr aaarrrggghhh
mbmb
substandardtim wrote:
Hi gang,

Generally not. You risk getting flagged as a spammer.

Posts to discuss the project may be OK, so long as they do not actually contain the kickstarter link.

You can add a post to this thread:
Crowdfunding Announcements thread (Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc)

Below is more explanation from the thread I linked to above:
Octavian wrote:
Want to get the word out on a Kickstarter? Here's what to do:

1- Post a thread in the Kickstarter family forums: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/forum/915012/kickstarter/genera... - you can keep that thread updated with any new developments. Interested readers will subscribe to your thread to make sure they get all the up-to-date news. Please don't post multiple threads.

2- Post a link to your Kickstarter forum thread here. Anyone interested in keeping-up on the latest Kickstarters can subscribe to this thread and will be notified when something new is posted here.

Here are helpful things to include in your announcement:

- Link to the kickstarter page (of course!)
- The start date and end date for the kickstarter campaign
- A brief description of the game
- A link to the thread in the Kickstarter forums for more in depth discussion.

To maximize the usefulness of this thread please DO NOT RESPOND with anything other than a link to new threads in the Kickstarter forums. If you want to discuss a specific Kickstarter that has been posted here, please do so in the linked thread.

Thanks!

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Help Me Make a New Album in the proper forum
YOU should post this within: Beatnik Coffee Haus; and they can RE:move this into there, just as mine "were" Musique Neunoirvogue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Re: Help Me Make a New Album and bacon
substandardtim wrote:
There are 2 different songs in the works about bacon actually. One is sung from the perspective of the pig.
is this some 'cannibal pig'? because 'moi' t'weren't sharing A-N-Y baconbacon HE gots to get his OWN "on"! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
substandardtim wrote:
is this some 'cannibal pig'? because 'moi' t'weren't sharing A-N-Y baconbacon HE gots to get his OWN "on"! shake

No, just a very selfless pig.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Yordy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well in spite of every marketing effort we could think of, our Kickstarter seems to have stalled at the moment. We are even ranked as one of the most popular music projects and certainly ranked near the top of the country music popularity charts. But the pledges aren't coming.

Even if we don't get funded though I feel like this has been an excellent learning experience for some day when I launch a more serious game project or music project on there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.