John R
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After playing around with Firefoot, I've determined that it's sometimes better to attach it to Dunhere than Eomer.

In practice, it's somewhat rare to have two enemies engaged with you, especially in multiplayer, which means you often miss out on the trample effect. There are only two ways to pull enemies toward you to set up the trample (Outrider and Son of Arnor) at the cost of losing a valuable ally .

With Firefoot on Dunhere, however, you get +1 attack (instead of +2 on Eomer). If you go into the staging area, that's another +1. If you can kill a weak enemy in the staging area, you can actually "trample backwards" toward your own side of the table and harm an enemy engaged with you. It's a little more versatile than trying to get two enemies engaged with you.

Combo this with Quick Stike and you have an easy way to eliminate threat during questing *and* hurting an enemy engaged with you before you get to the combat phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this....I am finding out that I really enjoy killing enemies in the staging area and this is another great way to do that. Well Done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Addison Fox
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I'm a big fan of giving him a Spear of the Mark right now in my Rohan deck, and I think Firefoot would be a great addition to that particular combo. Get quite a bit more trample that way, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alogos teeheehee
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BeatGuy wrote:
In practice, it's somewhat rare to have two enemies engaged with you, especially in multiplayer

What is this ? It is super hard in single player because you have to reveal 2 ennemies, this is 2 cards drawn at least, and can be a hell lot of time before you draw your second. Well, of course, lately scenario tend to have a swarn of enemies... but big enemies too where dunhere without is double spear is quite ineficient.

I would rather have firefoot on legolas + rivendell blade with hands uppon the bow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alogos wrote:
I would rather have firefoot on legolas + rivendell blade with hands uppon the bow.

Sure, but that's a three card combo for four cost, possible only 3x in a game unless you are pulling Hands Upon the Bow out of the discard using a fourth card. The odds of pulling Firefoot, Rivendell Blade, *and* Hands Upon the Bow in an opening hand are pretty low.

Dunhere + Firefoot is a one card combo for two cost attacking for 5 into the staging area. Much more reliable, and you have a rather good chance of getting Firefoot in your opening hand.

See here for more information on the likelihood of pulling a card in your opening hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alogos teeheehee
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, with only 5 attack, you wouldn't do much... you'll take 2 to 3 turn to kill one enemy, and the overkill won't be much. And you want to keep the enemy in the staging area, wich will be not so easy in multiplayer. Also, you need to defend against the one you are engaged.
It is good if you are playing a deck around Dunhere and firefoot, whereas with Legolas (or Bard... Bard might be better), you just take any deck that work already and you can add firefoot (since you should already have rivendell blade and hands uppon the bow in.). You can also use Quick Strike if hands doesn't come, same as dunhere.
Tbe main difference is you must have used Energy as your main with low threat, so you don't want to engage the enemies. And I think about a mono tactic deck that usually end up with all the enemies against him (because, well, it's his job). So I don't see why you would miss the trample effect much, especially in multiplayer.

Also, you can't put Mighty Prowess on Dunhere, and it's really good with Firefoot (whoever use him) (unless you use song of batlle). I see much more afinity with Mighty Prowess than with Dunhere.

I know, right ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John R
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alogos, I like your ideas, but you're talking Firefoot + Rivendell Blade + Hands Upon the Bow + Mighty Prowess now? When are you going to get that to work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.