Subject: Israel initiates ground operations. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this might happen(my other thread) I don't think there was much other choice for Israel at this point. The bombing wasn't effective, the missiles kept coming. I hope things work out better for them than for the US in Iraq or Afganistan. I am not very optimistic though.

I hope the higher ups have a good post-military strategy to capitalize on the upcoming sacrifice of life. The mission statement as read on TV had thesame vagueness to it that left the US with little to show for its efforts in Iraq/Afganistan.

May G-d keep the soldiers safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Robbins
United States
Alcoa
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should think you'd want God to keep everyone safe, and end the strife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
bltzlfsk wrote:
I should think you'd want God to keep everyone safe, and end the strife.

Yes, but sadly the operations are necessary for peace. We do our part and G-d does His.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
We will bury you
mbmbmbmbmb
Part of the reason that they went in was because of the tunnels/recent incursion - bombing wont do a darn thing about them.

BTW, I always wonder why Egypt gets a free pass on the whole "Gaza is a effectively a hostage" meme - both Israel and Egypt have closed the borders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.