Rob Jordan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
I have a game that I've been working on for some time now. I'm currently looking for several play testers to give it a run and let me know what they think. We have a two player PnP version of it available for download. Please PM me if you are interested. The name of the game is Labyrintheus, and it's listed here on BGG.

Here is a short blurb about the game.

Labyrintheus is a card game consisting of two main decks, The Encounter Deck and The Treasure Deck. This turn based card game will scale from 2 players up to 4 players. Each character has 20 Treasure cards and 20 Encounter cards, that they combine with the rest of the party to form the two main decks. But that’s not all, every time you reshuffle the encounter deck you must add two level up cards increasing the difficulty of each and every encounter card. The persona card itself will act as your inventory system. You may equip items you find in Labyrintheus simply by placing the card in the appropriate slot. Your persona card will give you all the information you need to play your selected persona properly

This is my first game, so constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So for a 2 player game, we need to print 80 cards, correct? And are these low-ink, B&W friendly cards (9 per page, I am assuming)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The lady and I would love to help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jordan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
gamesbook wrote:
So for a 2 player game, we need to print 80 cards, correct? And are these low-ink, B&W friendly cards (9 per page, I am assuming)?

The blurb is a bit off, sorry. It's 20 Encounter Cards and 10 Treasure Cards each. With those cards plus the Encounter Level Cards, that's 75 Cards. Plus the two persona cards. The PnP files I have are color. But I have a Low Res and High Res available.

These can be found at www.keep-games.com/labyrintheus/.

This is the first time this game has been showed "outside" of my little circle, so any suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jordan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
PooEater wrote:
The lady and I would love to help

PM Sent. Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cennamo
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find the Persona cards...maybe I'm missing something

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jordan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Ah, yes. Sorry about that. They should be on there now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek H
South Africa
Johannesburg
Gauteng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rsvj wrote:
gamesbook wrote:

The blurb is a bit off, sorry. It's 20 Encounter Cards and 10 Treasure Cards each. With those cards plus the Encounter Level Cards, that's 75 Cards. Plus the two persona cards. The PnP files I have are color.

OK. Pity, because I only have access to B&W printer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Chambers
Australia
SALISBURY NORTH
South Australia
flag msg tools
mb
Interested in submitting it to http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1209276/playtesters-seeking-... It seems like a good game for it and so far, I haven't heard back from any designers giving permission to playtest ANYTHING on YouTube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rearden
United States
Esparto
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also, you could submit it here: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1209979/i-will-play-test-you...

I will playtest and promote your game! (don't worry bout' people copywriting it, most people are lazy to do so, AND if they aren't, simply saying your name as the designer protects you a little.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Fong
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game. I think the -3 drunkness penalty on the dwarf hinders the game as the dwarf fails every trap he encounters. Sending the dwarf and the elf unarmed also makes the game unnaturally hard. Perhaps a couple treasures in the beginning would make the maze more survivable. Also, a typo on the Kobold Miner which special ability is "Combat Win: Draw and Extra Treasure Card"

A turn by turn breakdown of my session with colorful commentary.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Elven Marksman (armor 0, HP 10, skill 0) vs.
Drunken Dwarf (armor 0, HP 14, skill -3)
Round 1, Turn 1
The Elf encounters a deep, dark pit and falls in taking one damage (0, 9, 0). In another branch of the maze, the dwarf triggers a hidden portal and falls into a quicksand trap (both autofail because of the -3) and takes 2 damage, but manages to grab a ledge near the quicksand (0, 12, -3; Rolled a 4 on the effect).
Round 1, Turn 2
The Elf encounters a Ogre Brawler. Lacking any weapons so far he grabs a skill and swings it wildly at the orge (3). The ogre grunts as he hammers the elf for 2 stunning the elf for a turn (0, 7, 0). Meanwhile the dwarf encounters a gnawbone scout who pokes him for 1 before running away (0, 11, -3).
Round 1, Turn 3
The elf is stunned and does nothing. The dwarf trudges along his path and hears a horn bellow out (level up). The king must want to see more blood!
Round 1, Turn 4
The elf notices a shiny box containing the grasping roots ability (Where does this go on the character or is it used from the hand?). The dwarf encounters a scrawn breaker. Who beans him in the head (2) when the dwarf stumbles (0, 9, -3; no effect on the dwarf, no treasure).
Round 1, Turn 5
An earthen elemental is met by the elf that is bashed for 4 (0, 3, 0). The dwarf finds a large chest with a crossbow and an elven bow of might. He equips the bow and stores the crossbow.
Round 1, Turn 6
A goblin treasure hunter runs into our heroic elf as it is bound by roots (monster def down to 3). The elf strangles the goblin with its own whip (4) and loots a knightly a shield (equipped). The unlucky dwarf falls into another portal and lands in front of a gnawbone scout. He shoots at it with his bow and kills the scout. The body has a weak healing potion with the dwarf quaffs (0, 9,-3; 1 damage from portal, 1 heal from pot)
Round 1, Turn 7
The elf is smacked by a Titan for 4! Luckily his shield takes some of the damage breaking in the process (0,1,0). The dwarf comedically falls into a deep, dark pit and is smacked for 1 (0, 8, -3).
Round 1, turn 8
Bloodied and severely hurt, the elf stumbles forward. Could this be the end of the elf? He desperately swings (4) at a gnawbone grunt that he encounters, but the grunt just smile. The elf cowers in fear as he head is removed from his body (0, 0, 0). The dwarf climbs out of the pit to tremendous fanfare. The dwarf is the champion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Jordan
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
EBWonder wrote:
I played a game. I think the -3 drunkness penalty on the dwarf hinders the game as the dwarf fails every trap he encounters. Sending the dwarf and the elf unarmed also makes the game unnaturally hard. Perhaps a couple treasures in the beginning would make the maze more survivable. Also, a typo on the Kobold Miner which special ability is "Combat Win: Draw and Extra Treasure Card"

A turn by turn breakdown of my session with colorful commentary.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Elven Marksman (armor 0, HP 10, skill 0) vs.
Drunken Dwarf (armor 0, HP 14, skill -3)
Round 1, Turn 1
The Elf encounters a deep, dark pit and falls in taking one damage (0, 9, 0). In another branch of the maze, the dwarf triggers a hidden portal and falls into a quicksand trap (both autofail because of the -3) and takes 2 damage, but manages to grab a ledge near the quicksand (0, 12, -3; Rolled a 4 on the effect).
Round 1, Turn 2
The Elf encounters a Ogre Brawler. Lacking any weapons so far he grabs a skill and swings it wildly at the orge (3). The ogre grunts as he hammers the elf for 2 stunning the elf for a turn (0, 7, 0). Meanwhile the dwarf encounters a gnawbone scout who pokes him for 1 before running away (0, 11, -3).
Round 1, Turn 3
The elf is stunned and does nothing. The dwarf trudges along his path and hears a horn bellow out (level up). The king must want to see more blood!
Round 1, Turn 4
The elf notices a shiny box containing the grasping roots ability (Where does this go on the character or is it used from the hand?). The dwarf encounters a scrawn breaker. Who beans him in the head (2) when the dwarf stumbles (0, 9, -3; no effect on the dwarf, no treasure).
Round 1, Turn 5
An earthen elemental is met by the elf that is bashed for 4 (0, 3, 0). The dwarf finds a large chest with a crossbow and an elven bow of might. He equips the bow and stores the crossbow.
Round 1, Turn 6
A goblin treasure hunter runs into our heroic elf as it is bound by roots (monster def down to 3). The elf strangles the goblin with its own whip (4) and loots a knightly a shield (equipped). The unlucky dwarf falls into another portal and lands in front of a gnawbone scout. He shoots at it with his bow and kills the scout. The body has a weak healing potion with the dwarf quaffs (0, 9,-3; 1 damage from portal, 1 heal from pot)
Round 1, Turn 7
The elf is smacked by a Titan for 4! Luckily his shield takes some of the damage breaking in the process (0,1,0). The dwarf comedically falls into a deep, dark pit and is smacked for 1 (0, 8, -3).
Round 1, turn 8
Bloodied and severely hurt, the elf stumbles forward. Could this be the end of the elf? He desperately swings (4) at a gnawbone grunt that he encounters, but the grunt just smile. The elf cowers in fear as he head is removed from his body (0, 0, 0). The dwarf climbs out of the pit to tremendous fanfare. The dwarf is the champion!

Awesome breakdown!
Abilities are held in your backpack/Hand until use.

The -3 on the dwarf use to be "Can not avoid traps". Was thinking about making a roll of 6 on the skill check always succeed to "Always" give the dwarf a chance. Was also thinking about taking the negative up to -2.

Thanks for playing! I really enjoyed your colorful commentary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.