19 Posts

Illuminati: Deluxe Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Why is this not a living card game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going through my game collection I found my copy of illuminati with all the glorious expansions. I really love the theme but I do wish someone could take a fresh look at this game. Bring it into balance, fix some of the issues and most of all bring it up to date.

Any thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patterson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. I played a lot of INWO back in the day, but I've stayed away from the current LCG's. I tried LotR once, and it didn't click for me. An LCG version of Illuminati, however, could work very well, if it's priced right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Garbett
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Will Provide Statistics for Data
mbmbmbmbmb
Upvote thread to get S. Jackson's attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
N0mE wrote:
Going through my game collection I found my copy of illuminati with all the glorious expansions. I really love the theme but I do wish someone could take a fresh look at this game. Bring it into balance, fix some of the issues and most of all bring it up to date.

Any thoughts?

"Living Card Game" is a Fantasy Flight Games trademark. We cannot use their trademark.

LCG is a concept of TCG that has fixed distribution. No randomness! Our Illuminati games are exactly that. Fixed. No randomness.

I think what you're looking for is an increased frequency of new Illuminati releases. New cards every quarter or year. Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's generation has no idea what the 1980's cultural references in Illuminati are.

A 21st century version of Illuminati would be nice Phil, something to think about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:
Today's generation has no idea what the 1980's cultural references in Illuminati are.

A 21st century version of Illuminati would be nice Phil, something to think about.

We discuss that idea frequently. We just haven't found development time to make it happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:

That's exactly it, right there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Franzman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hey! You don't know where that cursor has been!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:

Ahem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L W
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawd he's brilliant. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also for the OP, they did do something similar with release of Illuminati: New World Order, which was essentially a CCG, though they sold a box with "one of everything" for those of us who didn't want it piecemeal.

E
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ganybyte wrote:
Also for the OP, they did do something similar with release of Illuminati: New World Order, which was essentially a CCG, though they sold a box with "one of everything" for those of us who didn't want it piecemeal.

E

I've never seen this boxed set of NWO. Any chance it is still in production or will get another printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
devinology wrote:
Ganybyte wrote:

E

I've never seen this boxed set of NWO. Any chance it is still in production or will get another printing?

No plans for a reprint at this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Lavender
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Klaatu barada nikto.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make stuff go.

Illuminati has got great legs, but it plays satire off of current events. I'd love to see updates for Illuminati Deluxe - similar to the ones that are done for Munchkin.

Show some Illuminati love, SJG. Whataya say?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
PhilReed wrote:
N0mE wrote:

Any thoughts?

"Living Card Game" is a Fantasy Flight Games trademark. We cannot use their trademark.

LCG is a concept of TCG that has fixed distribution. No randomness! Our Illuminati games are exactly that. Fixed. No randomness.

I think what you're looking for is an increased frequency of new Illuminati releases. New cards every quarter or year. Is that right?

For one, don't use that phrase: "Living Card Game". That settles that.
2ndly, there are plenty of deck building games from various companies and lots of them have expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobobob598 wrote:
For one, don't use that phrase: "Living Card Game". That settles that.
2ndly, there are plenty of deck building games from various companies and lots of them have expansions.

Yes, we have a little experience with publishing card games that have a handful of expansions. BUT what we don't have are the necessary resources to do an update right. Until we know we have all of the proper resources to devote to Illuminati we will continue to offer the current edition and its existing expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

A new Illuminati with modernized game mechanics and updated topical humor is one of my greatest wishes. Probably number three after world peace and a big pile of money. But it would take a *lot* of re-writing, and a lot of playtesting, and a lot of work. I would rather wait than see it done badly, that's for sure. But I sure would love to see that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Weber
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son plays the game with his friends, who are all in their mid-20s. To keep the game fresh, he creates a new card every now and then. I think he must have about 7 or 8 originals in the deck now. Says it's more fun creating and playing the new cards. It's not hard or expensive to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmb
Games that come with blank cards are what make this hobby great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Hidalgo
Spain
flag msg tools
I have just discovered this game and I think it is wonderful. Maybe it needs to update some events or groups or illuminati cards, like the new Netrunner, but maintaining the same ironic sense of humor.

I hope to see it like a LCG, perhaps only 2 expansions for year, it would be a success, sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.