Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xavier GALLERI
France
Montigny-le-Bretonneux
flag msg tools
Hello,

On page 7 of the rules, in the Supported Armor section, the rules say:

On the unit’s third hit, the Infantry support figure and Star marker are removed, and the unit permanently becomes a standard Armor unit.

Is it a typo (maybe inherited from the Supported Infantry section)? Or does it mean that Supported Armor units have 4 health points (instead of 3 like standard Armor units)?

Also, I'm wondering about the usefulness of the Star marker. Am I missing something by saying that the Infantry support figure is enough to qualify the unit to be a Supported Armor (in the same way as the support armor figure is enough to qualify a Supported Infantry unit)?

Thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not a mistake; Supported Armor can sustain 4 hits and Supported Infantry can sustain 5 hits. The Star is used as a reminder, but if you don't think you need that help, you could play without using it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The star, however, is only useful until you have one of each type of figure left (armor and infantry). The trouble then is that you can't tell one Supported type from the other. I put a die on the hex then with an Inf or Armor symbol to denote its type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
The star, however, is only useful until you have one of each type of figure left (armor and infantry). The trouble then is that you can't tell one Supported type from the other. I put a die on the hex then with an Inf or Armor symbol to denote its type.

Well, actually that situation won't ever come up...because both units remove the Support figure at 3 hits.

For Supported Armor:

Start with 3 Tanks +1 Infantry
Hit 1: Remove Tank figure (2 Tanks +1 Infantry left)
Hit 2: Remove Tank figure (1 Tank +1 Infantry left)
Hit 3: Remove Infantry figure (1 Tank figure left)
Hit 4: Unit destroyed

For Supported Infantry:

Start with 4 Infantry +1 Tank
Hit 1: Remove Infantry figure (3 Infantry +1 Tank left)
Hit 2: Remove Infantry figure (2 Infantry +1 Tank left)
Hit 3: Remove Tank figure (2 Infantry figures left)
Hit 4: Remove Infantry figure (1 Infantry figures left)
Hit 5: Unit destroyed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier GALLERI
France
Montigny-le-Bretonneux
flag msg tools
Well, I understand now that we made the mistake to consider the added figure as a marker and not as a... figure! shake

So, these were perfect answers!

Great thanks to all of you, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I had the same confusion at first. With these units, the added figure is not like the SWA units; they are indeed figures, like you said.

Glad to help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.