Popular Tags: [View All]
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Has anyone created a template for this? I am struggling with Photoshop trying to come up with a viable option like we have for monsters and quests. Unfortunately, I'm just not the one to create this.

Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Johns
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope someone does, my PS skills are limited. I tried but lets say if you leave toast in the toaster too long, is it still toast?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol, I get the feeling I'm supposed to see this thread.

I haven't made any Darkness card template, but perhaps I could try to scrape something together next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Fleming
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:

I haven't made any Darkness card template, but perhaps I could try to scrape something together next week.

Very perceptive of you, Tom. Of course, MM did say "anyone" so others could provide examples. But...you've got such a great track record so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
GeckoTH wrote:

Honestly, Tom it was directed at everyone but you. I had asked you directly for this in a thread ~ month ago (give or take), and you kindly said you'd add to your list. I didn't want to ask you again knowing you said it was on your list.

If you could bump this template up in priority, that would be incredible!

I wish I knew how to do this myself. I've been trying to hack something together but had very little success. Maybe it's because I have photoshop elements... most likely its due to lack of knowledge on my part.

If you could even just scrape something together it would go a long way.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Johns
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is as far as I have gotten...

A greater respect for GeckoTH have I gotten.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
RAD2x wrote:
Here is as far as I have gotten...

A greater respect for GeckoTH have I gotten.

Yeah ... that's about the same hot mess as I have too. You made it further as you've got the Darkness word and symbol. Is this is PhotoShop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Johns
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I used Photoshop, I will work more on it tonight.
It's tougher than you would think. But not being fluent in PS I don't know all the little tricks...lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
RAD2x wrote:
Yes I used Photoshop, I will work more on it tonight.
It's tougher than you would think. But not being fluent in PS I don't know all the little tricks...lol

Oh, I know...

I have been trying to do this in PhotoShop Elements. While I have been able to figure out how to add/change things in the boss card template, I have had a devil of a time applying that to the creation of a brand new card. Add that to the fact that I have not seen a Darkness card that can be de-constructed into PS pieces and it's been more than a challenge to try and figure out.

The card templates that Tom provides are not only spot on, but NOT easy to produce. Maybe he's got some graphic design experience to make it a bit easier on him ... regardless, these templates should be hailed for the masterpiece that they are.

Tom, thanks for what you do!!!

Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Here's where I have gotten.

The gradient on the background and the horizontal lines are killing me. Based on what I see in Tom's monster cards, there's probably some sort of complex mask and color scheme associated with those elements.

I pulled most of those graphics from the original manual when reading the .PDF into PhotoShop Elements and extracting what I thought was the darkness card pieces. Yeah ... not easy. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
One thing to keep in mind here ... the Darkness cards from McG in patch 1,1 are different than the ones in the base (the new cards are more, "dark"). I noticed our Darkness backgrounds were different. I went and snapped an image of the two cards next to one another and you can see quite clearly that they have changed the coloring. Makes me wonder if this was intentional. I can't believe the Darkness cards coming with wave#2 will be any different than that base darkness cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Johns
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I better leave the hard stuff to the experts. LOL
I'll keep trying but not sure how successful I will be until I play more with it..
Tom is an expert in this field. I hate to keep bugging him,
don't want him to hate us

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
RAD2x wrote:
I think I better leave the hard stuff to the experts. LOL
I'll keep trying but not sure how successful I will be until I play more with it..

No doubt! I have this little template established for me so I can import my text into a properly formatted Darkness card. I would never send this to a professional printer, but will work in a complete pinch until that Darkness template exists.

I have all those old hero cards sitting around now, so I could print this crappy card on regular paper and spray adhesive to one of those old cards. Since I sleeve, it won't be that bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, hey guys. It's been entertaining following this thread.
I think you guys have done excellent work. Unfortunately I didn't get much of a weekend, but I'll see if I'm able to put something together at work today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Johns
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeckoTH wrote:
Haha, hey guys. It's been entertaining following this thread.
I think you guys have done excellent work. Unfortunately I didn't get much of a weekend, but I'll see if I'm able to put something together at work today.

Hey Tom, we really appreciate your time. Thanks for all you have done for this community. I'm sorry we couldn't take one off your plate. I understand how busy life can be.
Thanks again and again...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Johns
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Howard
United States
Marina del Rey
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alllllllrighty,

Here's a template for you guys.

Darkness Card Template v0.9

And yeah, as Mistermannindy mentioned, the Darkness cards from the box are quite a bit different color than the 1.1 Update card directly from MegaCon. I choose to follow the latter, and it looks like you guys did as well. Once I make a clean cardback image, I'll upload this to the Files section. Let me know if you've got any suggestions to make it look better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Looks awesome, Tom! I downloaded and looked at it very quickly and it appears to be spot on. I am heading on a business trip so I can't checkout to the fullest just yet.

Thanks!!!!

bag to show my appreciation!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Johns
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, Thanks again Tom...You Rock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
To answer a previous question darkness card from wave 2 are identical to wave 1 not to 1.1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.