mbmbmbmbmb

Here's the what we know for sure:

Shell Corporation [Rez 2c]
Upgrade [Trash 3c]
You cannot use Shell Corporation more
than once per turn.
_________________Corportaion.
______________________Shell

I suspect that it's the corp version of Kati Jones. Here's my guess: (C=Click)

than once per turn.
C: Place 3c on Shell Corportaion.
C: Take all credits from Shell
Corportaion.

I'm 99% sure of the text of the second ability, as it lines up almost perfectly. What I'm not so sure is the first ability, because every similar effect reads "from the bank" but there simply isn't enough room. Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Micheal Keane
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Pictured: Rags Raggerson, successful businesscat
mb
Add agenda/power counters and then move them to another card?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be nice if it were an Account Siphon hedge, though existing asset economy does that already, so (speculating wildly) perhaps the payout cost is Trash instead of Click.

(By the way, it seems Shell Corporation is in All that Remains, not Upstalk.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fateswanderer wrote:
(By the way, it seems Shell Corporation is in All that Remains, not Upstalk.)

Right, my mistake. Saw it at the Upstalk announcement page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I think it is [click] for 2 credits on the card, and trash for getting the credits back.

Given that it is an upgrade though, and not an asset makes me wonder. Perhaps it the credits on it can only be used during a run on that server. Would make sense why it is an upgrade. Though I don't see how to fit that in the card.

A corp verison of Kati Jones that you can put into any server seems a bit odd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Brien
United Kingdom
Reading
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree. The fact that it's an upgrade makes me suspect it won't generate cash (directly). Seems like it's more likely to support an asset.

ffaristocrat wrote:
Add agenda/power counters and then move them to another card?

I like this. I could see a way to add power counters to a card in the same server. Not a lot that goes with it yet (just Alix I think?) but assets with power counters could be a theme of Lunar. We've seen Docklands Crackdown for instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, not enough room for power counters.

than once per turn.
C: Place 1 power counter on Shell Corportaion.

Look at the pic. The two "Corporation" need to be aligned, which they aren't if I use power counter text.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Given that it is an upgrade though, and not an asset makes me wonder. Perhaps it the credits on it can only be used during a run on that server. Would make sense why it is an upgrade. Though I don't see how to fit that in the card.

Missed that it was an upgrade - means you can protect it with traps.

While we're speculating I'll guess that it's an anti-denial card, since Siphon (and Vamp) have been part of the meta for so long.

As an upgrade you can protect it with a trap, (so you can't run it and then Siphon after) and if the cost is Trash instead of Click (which fits easily into the card space), you can pull cash after being Siphoned/Vamped to nothing.

The name "Shell Corporation" also suggests that it's a defensive card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O'Brien
United Kingdom
Reading
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What about:

X [Credits]: Place X [Credits] on Shell Corporation
[Trash]: Take all credits from Shell Corporation.

Would definitely protect against denial/Siphon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So you pay Xc and then put Xc more of your credits on it? because if you mean to say that you pay Xc and then put Xc from the bank on it, then there isn't enough room for "from the bank", and every card in the game that has credits placed on it says "from the bank".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Assets usually have global effects, but so far Upgrade cards' effects are almost all related to the server they're in. They make ice protecting that server cheaper or stronger, they make it easier to advance cards in that server, they punish the runner for running on that server, they protect agendas in the server. The only exceptions to date are Panic Button and Research Station, which have the "Install only in the root of HQ" restriction instead and are both related to hand size.

Proposals like "it's a corp version of Kati Jones" are outside the established design space for Upgrades. Which doesn't make them impossible, but it does make them less likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you're probably right. You seem to be very knowledgeable, so I bet you have a speculation of your own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
strayjohno wrote:
What about:

X [Credits]: Place X [Credits] on Shell Corporation
[Trash]: Take all credits from Shell Corporation.

Would definitely protect against denial/Siphon.

I'm thinking along these lines - works thematically and mechanically - except I don't understand why it's an Upgrade, or what it can only be used once per turn. So there's some more subtlety to the usage...or we're just completely wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
I could see something like this:

[click] Place 2 credits on Shell Corporation

You can use credits on Shell Corporation to rez cards in or protecting this server.

Though that totally doesn't fit on the card, it at least makes sense it being an upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
I could see something like this:

[click] Place 2 credits on Shell Corporation

You can use credits on Shell Corporation to rez cards in or protecting this server.

Though that totally doesn't fit on the card, it at least makes sense it being an upgrade.

This is what I'm hoping for, but with more credits and
"Use credits on Shell Corporation only during a run on this server."
That would increase its usefulness, allows you to rez assets during the run, pay for traces and troubleshooters, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
Japan
Tokyo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the guy who spoiled the Upstalk on Reddit, there's an Account Siphon silver bullet in the next pack (Sealed Vault), so it's unlikely Shell Corporation is another one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
i think this is absolutely what it is.

think about it, the card would suck if it was an asset, because it would either need protecting or it would be ridiculously easy to trash, wasting the corps (very valuable) time

this way, it can either go in your scoring server and doesn't get in the way of your plan to score agendas (unlike a melange), or you can put an ambush asset on top of it and create a nice honeypot for the runner.

the value per charge might not be the same, but i absolutely believe it's a KJ equiv for the corp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.