Ryan Wanless
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone toyed with the idea of a fog of war rule. Something along the lines of: if the mage or his creatures line of sight is blocked, then he can't see what the other player is doing. The players would play cards face down. Then when line of sight is re-established they flip over the cards.
Obviously it would make special abilities hard to deal with, players would have to say what they are doing and be honest about everything. And flying creatures would have an advantage. But that could be house ruled by saying they can fly over but there hover height is lower then the walls.

Would make an interesting twist on walls. just a thought...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting idea. Perhaps flying creatures could relay information back to the player, by Mage-radio or something.

Seriously, it does sound like a clever idea, but isn't the game complex enough as it is?

As for playing with honesty, I am sure that all my opponents (the Mage Wars ones, anyway) would be honest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure what is gained. We already have walls of Fog and Walls of Flame which reduce line of sight and are expandable as well. Doesn't this result in what you are looking for? Or are you trying to establish a way so that one player would not know what spells were cast immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Wanless
United States
Asheville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Just like any RTS, you don't know what the other side is doing till you scout it or send your first wave. I think it would add some more strategic planning. You see how much mana is spent but don't know what was brought out.
Indeed the game has a lot of term micro managing but I don't think actual play is that complex.
It would add some game time for sure but really the only rule you would have to monitor is if you have line-of-sight or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.