Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven2121
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Is it a legal move to play a card's action (ex: 1 food for 1 river movement) if I do not have a single food in my boats to pay for the action?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. You must still power the card with another card or an indian (or up to 3, if you want), but you are not required to execute the action on the card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j -
United States
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
steven2121 wrote:
Hello all,

Is it a legal move to play a card's action (ex: 1 food for 1 river movement) if I do not have a single food in my boats to pay for the action?

Thank you.

Not sure if you are actually playing the game now/soon or just curious. I will try to fire off a quick answer regardless. I am 99% sure under current rules that you can play a card from your hand and then do nothing (I.e. If you do not pay you just do not move). You still must activate this card with another card of any strength or at least 1 Indian meeple.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven2121
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you to both of you for the quick response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played a few times, and all were solo. So for my education, what is the strategical and/or mechanical benefit for doing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon H
United States
Orion Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sabbat00 wrote:
I've only played a few times, and all were solo. So for my education, what is the strategical and/or mechanical benefit for doing this?

I think that the most common situation would be emptying your hand before camping. You have to weigh the time loss if you keep them in hand against wasting a turn. For example, if you're at the beginning of the mountains with only useless cards in your hands, you're probably better off spending a useless action than falling back and having to spend turns and resources on another river move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point, Brandon. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.