flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
WizKids has posted a copy of the official rulebook here on BGG:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/105617/justice-league-...

If you have any questions, please post them here and I'll be happy to answer them.

Andrew
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Courtemanche
Canada
flag msg tools
Crush
My friends and I were playing the JL game today, and all liked it. We had quite a debate of one element in particular; the Darkseid power card "Crush"

The top lines read "Treat Darkseid as a revealed crisis this entire round". The debate was over the timing of it. It has an action time of 5, and all the hero cards that deal with Crisis' are time 4. What we couldn't figure out is how this card is used. If the Darkseid crisis isn't taking effect until after the heroes have done their crisis confrontation, how can this card ever take effect?
My one friend suggested that "Entire round" meant it basically has a turn order of 1, and the heroes were forced to face Darkseid, instead of the current crisis. If that's true though, why would it have a turn order of 5.

Any clarification would be helpful.
Great game! It really captures the characters very well.
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, David.

The actual Crush effect (i.e. Darkseid damaging the Heroes) takes place during action step 5. However, Darkseid is considered a revealed Crisis as soon as this card is revealed (i.e. the "entire round").

The reason that Darkseid is treated as a revealed Crisis is so that players can choose to attack him and try to cancel the Crush. Normally, Darkseid can't be attacked if he's at a location with another Crisis. However, when the Crush card is revealed, the Heroes can now choose to attack him instead of a Crisis in his location (since Darkseid is also considered a revealed Crisis). (see rulebook page 10, "Confronting Darkseid"). However, the Heroes can choose to ignore him and confront a Crisis in his location if they prefer.

In other words, Darkseid can't hide behind his location's Crisis if he's personally stomping around trying to crush the heroes. meeple

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Courtemanche
Canada
flag msg tools
Him becoming a crisis is immediate, but the heroes taking a wound is at action 5. Got ya :-)

Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Laskowski
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, could you have one person play as all four justice league characters and one person as Darkseid?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, although it might be a bit tough to manage. Also, part of the fun of the game is trying to get everyone to organize and plan together. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno EspiƱal
Portugal
Lagos
Faro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got to play this game a couple of days ago and althou i enjoyed it i thought the game was very hard for the heroes. I managed to win with ease playing with Darkseid. The price to pay for an advancement token is 1 energy, so against 3 heroes i can finish 3 crisis in 3 turns right? Besides this what is boom tubes used for? To confront darkseid? Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.