Subject: Furstenfeld at The Works (UK) for £10 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Avann
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

I'm based in the midlands and my local The Works store had copies of Furstenfeld for £10 along with other games such as Priests of Ra and the Cuba El Presidente expansion for simlar prices. They had quite a range of Rio Grande games in stock. I picked up PoR and Furstenfeld as I already own Cuba and the expansion.

Just letting you know in case you were tempted to take a chance for £10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Chamberlain
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmb
Same here. I'm in Sussex and I purchased the following all priced £9.99;
Darjeeling, 20th Century, Priests of Ra, Taj Mahal, La Citta, Furstenfeld, Bean Trader, Cape Horn, Havana and El Presidente (Cuba Expansion). That's 9 full games and an expansion for £100.00. I also picked up Bonnie & Clyde for £5.99. We love Darjeeling & Furstenfeld. Haven't yet played most of them and had to pay full price for Cuba which I've wanted for a while and glad I got it, what a game.

It's easy to see how much money I saved here as most of these titles are around £30/£40.

The works are well worth a visit now and then for games. There are a couple of things I've noticed with some of the games. Darjeeling has a ramp in it which looks like it was printed the wrong way round so the parts that interlock to hold it together are loose. I just got the perfect fit and marked and glued it, fine now. You may also discover some spelling mistakes or slightly misaligned parts, small price to pay if your saving between £20/£30 per game.

Also Steve Avann, ask your local store to keep your details in the office and ask them to let you know when they receive another delivery as you WILL spend with them. That's what I've done in my local store. And register one of their rewards cards online as well as setting up an account online.

Happy gaming. What do you think of Furstenfeld?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.