Popular Tags: [View All]
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
Regarding the aircraft shot down by a missile over the Ukraine, recall this thread: Re: Share your apparently supernatural experiences
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James King
United States
North Central Louisiana / No Longer A Resident of the Shreveport/Bossier City Area
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

sbszine wrote:
Regarding the aircraft shot down by a missile over the Ukraine, recall this thread: Re: Share your apparently supernatural experiences

I guess you might well have seen a missile after all.

Be thankful you lived to tell about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
sbszine wrote:

Yup, probably wasn't a meteor after all...

So obviously that incident would have been reported by the pilots (and recorded by assorted radar stations) - who reads those reports?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I wonder if they even saw it on radar. Is airline radar forward looking only, or is it 360 degrees? The aircraft was an Airbus, one of the smaller ones. A330 maybe, if that's a real thing. There was no evasive action or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
sbszine wrote:
I wonder if they even saw it on radar. Is airline radar forward looking only, or is it 360 degrees? The aircraft was an Airbus, one of the smaller ones. A330 maybe, if that's a real thing. There was no evasive action or anything.

Oh, I meant ground radar stations. I'm not sure what evasive action an airliner could take

As for the pilots, I would assume that if they didn't see it someone told them - I mean, you're not the only person who saw it, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
A stewardess was pouring me tomato juice at the very moment it happened, so presumably she told the captain. But everyone was very calm & philosophical about it because it was so absurd & unbelievable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.