12 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Strategy

Subject: [DECK] Harmony's Revolving Door rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Paul
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi! I've built this Rush Jinteki deck, and I've been encouraged to share it here to see what you guys think.

Harmony Medtech: Biomedical Pioneer (Honor and Profit)

Agenda (6)
3x Executive Retreat (Trace Amount)
3x The Future Perfect (Honor and Profit)

Asset (2)
2x Project Junebug (Core Set)

Operation (19)
2x Shipment from MirrorMorph (Core Set) ••••
2x Anonymous Tip (Core Set) ••
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
1x Trick of Light (Trace Amount)
3x Shipment from SanSan (Second Thoughts) •••
3x Medical Research Fundraiser (Honor and Profit)
3x Mushin No Shin (Honor and Profit)
2x Fast Track (Honor and Profit)

Barrier (6)
3x Paper Wall (Mala Tempora)
3x Wraparound (Fear and Loathing) •••

Code Gate (3)
3x Quandary (Double Time)

Sentry (2)
2x Guard (Honor and Profit)

ICE (3)
3x Chimera (Cyber Exodus)

12 influence spent (maximum 12)
18 agenda points (between 18 and 19)
41 cards (min 40)

It's a total rush deck. 6 points to win. 3 point agendas only.

It operates on minimal economy and uses only cheap Ice. There's no tax - they're there as straight-up ETR Ice that will let you score in servers before the runner gets the breakers they need onto the table.

Anonymous Tip and Shipment from Mirromorph let you pump stuff out quickly.

Mushin No Shins and Shipment From SanSan let you score quickly for minimal credits.

Future Perfect protects itself in HQ. Executive Retreat is a slight gamble, but it helps you to draw through the deck and replenish your hand quickly.

Mushin makes for lethal Junebugs. Once you're at 3 points, the runner will feel like they need to run that Mushin-ed server.

So far this deck has five wins out of five. I gave the deck to a friend who had no idea what was in it, and he won his game too. The thing to remember when considering counters to this deck (Tinkering, Kit, Inside Job, Noise-Mill etc.), is that it's looking to score a win *very* quickly, and it works with very little money. Can the runner get out the tools to beat you within that time?

Any thoughts or comments appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I am running a similar deck, but in HB. I run Alix and it works great with Mirrormorph, when not using it with Munshin. Not sure if it is worth the influence for you, or if you need that level of economy.

Edit: Seems like you biggest weakness would be losing the coin flip with central digs. My HB version massively taxes central runs, and packs punitive, just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kay
Australia
Woodville Gardens
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If they run an advanced Junebug, sure that might kill them--then again, I faced a smart runner yesterday who Quality Timed before he ran the Munshin'd Junebug and just took six without a problem.

I think your deck needs Shi.Kyu, given it makes the runner have to find half of the agendas in your deck to win. Well, unless they run Data Dealer and sell it (which happened to me).

Chimera can be a problem. I found when I played it that the runner just ran the Chimera at times just to make me pay to rez it, over and over. With limited economy in your deck it could be a money drain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I have been know to run a known Chimera. It become [click] The corp loses $2. Akitaro plays well with Chimera, but then we are adding a combo. The rest of your ice is cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Palpster
Netherlands
Nunspeet
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there even a Jinteki card in this Jinteki deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you say "Mushin No Shins and Shipment From SanSan let you score quickly for minimal credits. "

turn 1 Mushin and Ice
turn 2 San San + advance..? place next agenda?
seems more expensive then advance advance..I dont see the need for san san.
other then runner trash it panic

you are aware mushin goes to a empty server so its exposed. for 1 turn? unless you do the turn 1 above
you can not mushin on to san san or in a server with existing ice..

san san will still take you 2 turns to score an agendna,
if you mushin to empty server then ice its behind 1 weak ice or can be inside jobbed. smc, test run, parasite etc..unless thats waht mirror morph is for..

decks worst nightmare is definitely kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Paul
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Quote:
Seems like you biggest weakness would be losing the coin flip with central digs. My HB version massively taxes central runs, and packs punitive, just in case.

Yep, this is probably the biggest worry. The deck composition helps - 6 agendas in 41 cards is practicaly 1-in-7, which reduces the chance of them snagging points, and The Future Perfect has a little self-protection. There are only two trashable assets and the rest is ice and operations, which helps.

Quote:
I think your deck needs Shi.Kyu, given it makes the runner have to find half of the agendas in your deck to win. Well, unless they run Data Dealer and sell it (which happened to me).

Another trap would be handy, but my worry with Shi.Kyu is that I'm going to have to spend a flatline amount of money to make it worthwhile when it's encountered, or people may just eat the damage. And despite this deck running on small economy, I'd rather use that cash for ice and advancement.

Quote:
Chimera can be a problem. I found when I played it that the runner just ran the Chimera at times just to make me pay to rez it, over and over. With limited economy in your deck it could be a money drain.

Ideally I'm looking to score a win very quickly (maybe six turns or less using Mushin). I'm only going to have Chimera on a scoring server, and then it's only a $2 per turn tax. But yes, it can be a problem.

Quote:
Is there even a Jinteki card in this Jinteki deck?

The ID! And Mushin No Shin. The ID is neccesary to make a rush deck where 2 agendas win the game. And Mushin is NUTS. It turns scoring a 3-point agenda from 6 clicks and 5 credits into 4 clicks and 2 credits (or no credits at all if I've got Shipment from SanSan). The compression and saving is huuuge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Paul
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Milarky wrote:
you say "Mushin No Shins and Shipment From SanSan let you score quickly for minimal credits. "

turn 1 Mushin and Ice
turn 2 San San + advance..? place next agenda?
seems more expensive then advance advance..I dont see the need for san san.
other then runner trash it panic

you are aware mushin goes to a empty server so its exposed. for 1 turn? unless you do the turn 1 above
you can not mushin on to san san or in a server with existing ice..

san san will still take you 2 turns to score an agendna,
if you mushin to empty server then ice its behind 1 weak ice or can be inside jobbed. smc, test run, parasite etc..unless thats waht mirror morph is for..

decks worst nightmare is definitely kit.

It's not SanSan Grid, it's Shipment from SanSan, which is a 2 free advancements operation (costs 2 clicks). So Mushin, Ice, next turn Shipment and you've installed and scored a 3 pointer for nothing.

BUT, you're right. I had totally misread Mushin. I didn't realise that you had to create a whole new server.

/Epic Facepalm

So it's only ever going to be protected by one ice, unless I can mirrormorph. Sigh. I am an idiot.

Edit - although, thinking about it, I'm usually setting up a fresh server anyway. Yes, it's a gamble because of SMC, Kit, Inside Job etc, but the runner needs to have those cards and the creds to play them, and I do have Wraparound and Guard. Hmm. More testing needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Daniel,

Funny, that you unwittingly had the Munshin/Mirrormorph combo! It is a bit Janky, but with limited plays, I have been making that work in my HP build. Munshin, mirrormorph cheap, ETR ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mushin is built for Harmony. One option is to Mushin - ICE an agenda, another is to Mushin - Advance and sit back. A four advanced card is scary to run. This is where your bluffing skills come into play. It's high risk/high reward play which is becoming staple for Jinteki post H&P. Having scary traps like Cerebral Overwriter, Junebug, or even Aggressive Secretary can give your deck the bite it needs to make these bluffs.

Shi.Kyu is also built for Harmony. You don't always need to pay for a kill shot to get it to stick. Often, a three or four card loss is painful enough to force a really tough decision from the Runner. It's usually a win-win situation for you, either way. You shouldn't be giving them enough time to rig up to the point where their hand is superfluous.

I like your build, 6 agenda Harmony is something I have been exploring, and I think once fine tuned, it will make for crazy decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Chandler
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Junebug just doesn't have the teeth needed for this. Deus X recursion or just drawing up lets people check it out.

Now Cerebral overwriter... that's another story. That ALWAYS hurts. Show them you have Cerebral overwriter in your deck and they don't get to facecheck anymore.

Seriously, without infiltration what do you do against a harmony deck that mushin no-shin's out a card and lets it sit there. check it and risk play the rest of the game with 2 cards in hand? leave it be and risk the opponent getting halfway to the win?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Wray
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
risk play the rest of the game with 2 cards in hand

Only 1 card if you go ahead and Mushin-Advance. If they do take the risk and hit an advanced Cerebral Overwriter (either 3 or 4 advanced), you know they will be cautious of any advanced cards in the future.

Mushin-Advancing a Junebug takes it out of the realm of simple draw-run. Deus Ex or serious overdraw like Quality Time is your only risk, and the upside is an outright kill. Not everyone plays Shaper with Deus Ex recursion, and you can move so fast with this deck that they don't have time to get it out, even if they have it.

Cerebral Overwriter is solid, but requires influence spend which is something to consider. I think either are great inclusions in a Harmony rush deck.

Quote:
Seriously, without infiltration what do you do against a harmony deck that mushin no-shin's out a card and lets it sit there

I agree. That's what is so awesome with this playstyle. There are no good answers, just tough choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.