BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Works in Progress

Subject: [WIP] Splice Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Williams
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Working on a light and fun dice game about making crazy animals. Not sure if it needs another element to make it a little more complex, rather than just playing cards.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8xmE-L631LNsrYbpBD7t568...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jak Varnado
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmb
Perhaps some type of marker you can take at the end of your turn for one unused pip of one type. Sort of a bank option to pay for more expensive cards. This adds some tactics/strategy without adding complexity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Marsh
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.TinShoeGames.com
badge
www.TinShoeGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the creature cards being altered by the r&d? I like the idea of multiple creature cards of a single type melding together in interesting ways... it would fit with your theme anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
My thought behind the R&D dice is that they would act as ways of buffing or sabotaging creature cards. I was also thinking along the lines of global effects as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
You are correct. The cards represent the the creature the scientists are trying to make up. And the die rolls determine what genetic material you have to work with for that turn. As far as a game board goes right now their isn't one. I was trying to keep the game rather simple component wise. Although, use of a game board may not be a bad idea. I was also thinking about habitats for the creatures to go that could also affect the game but I'm not sure how to incorporate that yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.