Subject: Alt Race Ending Idea rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ben saylor
United States
Delray Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
So far I have been enjoying the game but find the race ending when the leader crosses to be lack luster. The other option of finishing the race with all the cars but no pitting or event cards went over very poorly with a small group when a few players had cars that had not pitted in a while.

So have an idea for 2 variants:

1. Once a car crosses the finish line, then all players finish the current turn (activating their car) then positions are assigned.

2. (We've yet to try this). After the lead car crosses the finish line, continue activating and moving cars like normal. At the end of each activation the player draws an event card looking at the flag. If it is green/red, the next player activates; play continues until one player draws a yellow card. If more cards have to be dealt out then that would be fine.

Any input on the best way to "end" a race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The race should end after all players have finished the current turn (activating their car) on the round that the first car (race winner) crosses the finish line.

As each car crosses the line, they are assigned position. Those that don't make it across the line are assigned position based on how close they are to the finish line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Horger
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
3wgames wrote:
The race should end after all players have finished the current turn (activating their car) on the round that the first car (race winner) crosses the finish line.

As each car crosses the line, they are assigned position. Those that don't make it across the line are assigned position based on how close they are to the finish line.

Exactly Gary. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
happyloaf wrote:
So far I have been enjoying the game but find the race ending when the leader crosses to be lack luster. The other option of finishing the race with all the cars but no pitting or event cards went over very poorly with a small group when a few players had cars that had not pitted in a while.

So have an idea for 2 variants:

1. Once a car crosses the finish line, then all players finish the current turn (activating their car) then positions are assigned.

2. (We've yet to try this). After the lead car crosses the finish line, continue activating and moving cars like normal. At the end of each activation the player draws an event card looking at the flag. If it is green/red, the next player activates; play continues until one player draws a yellow card. If more cards have to be dealt out then that would be fine.

Any input on the best way to "end" a race.

Sounds like you just misinterpreted the rules, because 1. is not a variant - it's the rules.

No, I can't leave a thread without posting, why do you ask?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bishop
Portugal
Lytham St. Annes
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had to read it twice, thought I had been playing it wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Swift
United Kingdom
Ormskirk
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the OP meant that variant 1 was that after all cars have finished their turn the positions are awarded starting with the car that has moved furthest past the finishing line and not as in the rules with the first car that crosses the line.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.