15 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Full Moon Over Camelot - a Reboot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
After being given permission from bigfluffylemon, I am happy to post the first draft of ...

FULL MOON OVER CAMELOT

This is a game inspired by the game loosely based on the boardgame of the same name.* The Court of Camelot is besieged by evil, and it is up to King Arthur and his loyal knights to defeat the threat. Yet the greatest danger of all lurks from within, as traitors plot the downfall of King Arthur and intend to take the throne of Camelot for themselves.

* This post is stolen almost completely from the original game, but I will be updating it to include several tweaks (both mine and bigfluffylemon's).

Important info

Lynch time: 4pm BGG
Night order deadline: 5pm BGG
Players: 20.
Start date: When full ... for now.

Rules

The basics of the game will be a normal lynch/kill cycle. There will be no role or alignment reveal on death.

Victory Conditions:
Good: Eliminate all the wolves
Evil: Reach parity between wolves and other players.

Roles

Team Good:

King Arthur: Seer, who views for wolf/not-wolf. Random N0 view of not wolf. King Arthur cannot be lynched – any attempt at lynch will result in no lynch instead. Arthur also has the ability to override the LHLV tie breaker should he so wish – this must be done by PM to the mod by the lynch deadline each day (conditional tiebreakers will be accepted).

Sir Lancelot: Hunter. If he is alive at wolf parity with one remaining wolf, good wins instead of evil. When lynched, he may kill any player.

Sir Bedivere: Priest. Each night may view one dead player and receive the exact role of that player.

Sir Galahad: White Hat Priest. Each night may view one dead player and receive the exact role of that player. His role is revealed on death.

Sir Gawain: Martyr. May protect one player each night. If that player is targeted for nightkill, Gawain is killed instead.

10 Knights of the Round Table: Basic villagers.

Team Evil:

Sir Mordred, King Mark, Queen Morgause, Morgan Le Fay: Wolves. Have PM rights. Each night choose one player to nightkill.

Vortigen: Cultist. Knows the identity of the wolves. If targeted for nightkill, is promoted to wolf.

The Rules for Quests:

At the start of the game, each player will be assigned five points, split at random between two characteristics: Fight and Piety.

Each day, each player has one Quest action. Each day, each player should publicly choose (hopefully we’ll be able to use Player X, if someone lets me know how) how they will use that Action. The available Actions are: Go to Quest (name of Quest), Go to Camelot, or Go to Catapults.

When using an action to go to a Quest, a player may choose to expend up to 2 points of the appropriate characteristic in pursuit of the Quest. The number of points expended by each player is chosen by PM in modchat and is not known to the other players. 0 points may be expended if a player so wishes.

During the night phase (including N0) the Progression of Evil takes place. A number of ‘Evil’ points are distributed amongst the remaining Quests. Each living wolf may assign 2 of these points as they choose. The remaining points will be assigned at random.

A Quest is completed when a sufficient number of points have been spent by one side or the other. ‘First past the post’ Quests are completed when one side has spent the requisite number of points, irrespective of the number of points the other side has spent. ‘Tug-of-war’ Quests are completed when one side has expended a certain number more points than the other side. Points spent on a quest by the side which does not win the quest are lost.

Each Dawn and Dusk, the status of Quests will be updated, and the number of points that both sides have expended will be posted. However, the target numbers of expended points are unknown to the players.

When a Quest is completed, a reward is earned. If Evil successfully completes a Quest, the reward is granted to the wolves, and they may choose how to use it in wolfchat. If Good successfully completes a Quest, the reward is granted to the player who spent the most points in pursuit of the Quest (ties will be broken randomly). Note that this player may be Evil.

Quest rewards may be used at any time by PM in modchat, and may be kept until desired. However, if the winner of a reward dies, the reward is taken to the grave with him (this applies to good and evil rewards). Reward use orders will be resolved at the next Dawn/Dusk after the order is received, strictly in the order in which the orders have been issued. All rewards are one use only.

Once the number of players remaining totals five or less, Quest activity is suspended, and play will conclude as a normal game of WW.

Details of the Quests:

Excalibur: Excalibur is a tug-of-war Quest, and Piety is the characteristic expended in pursuit of Excalibur. The reward for the Quest is Excalibur itself, which may be used to kill any player. When the Quest is complete, Evil points produce catapults.

Lancelot’s Armor: Lancelot’s Armor is a first-past-the-post Quest, and Fight is the characteristic expended in pursuit of the Armor. The reward for the Quest is Lancelot’s Armor, which may be used to gain a view of a player which will reveal that player’s exact role to the player with the Armor. When the Quest is complete, Evil points produce catapults.

The Holy Grail: The Holy Grail is a tug-of-war Quest, and Piety is the characteristic expended in pursuit of the Grail. The reward for the Quest is the Holy Grail itself which may be used either to resurrect a dead player, or to grant toughness to any one living player. When the Quest is complete, Evil points produce catapults.

(NB as a result of this, there can be no Deadchat until the Holy Grail reward has been used).

The Black Knight: The Black Knight is a first-past-the-post Quest, and Fight is the characteristic expended. The reward for the Quest for Good is a view of any one dead player; that player’s exact role will be revealed to the owner of the reward. Evil gains no reward for successful completion of the Black Knight Quest. When the Quest is complete, the points expended by both sides are reset to zero, and the Quest may be pursued again.

The Picts: The Picts are a first-past-the-post Quest, and Fight is the characteristic expended. The reward for the Quest for Evil is the ability to move one vote from any one player to any other at a lynch. Good gains no reward for successful completion of the Pict Quest. When the Quest is complete, the points expended by both sides are reset to zero, and the Quest may be pursued again.

The Saxons: The Saxons are a first-past-the-post Quest, and Fight is the characteristic expended. The reward for the Quest for Evil is the ability to move one vote from any one player to any other at a lynch. Good gains no reward for successful completion of the Saxon Quest. When the Quest is complete, the points expended by both sides are reset to zero, and the Quest may be pursued again.

Catapults: After certain Quests have been completed, subsequent points expended by Evil towards them do not count towards the Quest. Instead, one catapult appears for every two Evil points expended on the Quest. Good may choose to fight catapults as a Quest action – every two Fight points expended destroy one catapult. If the number of catapults reaches twelve, Evil gains one additional (one-use) nightkill, and the number resets to zero.

Camelot: A Knight who uses his Quest action to go to Camelot expends no points. Instead they may regain two (randomly assigned) points.

Note that it may be possible for players to have piety points they have no way to use. Therefore any player taking a Camelot action may, in addition to receiving their two points, trade two piety points for one fight point. This may only be done once per Camelot action.

Other stuff
Since we intend this game to be quite thematic, roleplaying is encouraged by the mod. Each player should refer to the other players as 'Sir [username]'.

Monty Python quotes are strongly encouraged on D1. After that they'll just get boring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
So, a few immediate thoughts / tweaks.

I don't know for sure if BFL used the SOC expansion in their game. I am still researching.

I will be including physics. Locations will be quest-based and there will be some chatting allowed.

There will STILL be quests.

The starting parity may be shifted due to other changes.

Roles may be shifted slightly.

I am going to incorporate some ideas from "Camelot Legends" (which was also run waaaaaayyy back - seriously, the thread only has five digits).

I am always open to suggestion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Want to join other games?
Here's my most recent advertising post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
linguistfromhell wrote:
linguistfromhell wrote:
Saved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:

THIS PLAYER ROSTER IS NOT ACCURATE. PLEASE SIGN UP AGAIN EVEN IF YOU ARE LISTED HERE.

AnneAa
britrock88
Chronomodra
CrimsonFox

4 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1204...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi again BGG WWers! It's been a while.

I won't have time to play, sadly, but I'll drop by from time to time to see how the thread is going, and I'm going to help linguistfromhell revise the ruleset.

Wishing you a good game.

EDIT: No, I didn't use the expansion. Reading over the old thread I see the idea for a Merlin role was bandied around. Could be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
So it's been a month and only one signup. I'll bump with this post, and if I don't get to 1/4 of signups within another month, I'll hide this from the main cassy page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the woods.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.

People need to stop posting games with awesome themes that I want to play. :/

Or keep doing it but schedule them for next year. Lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kitti
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mb
ljtrigirl wrote:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/898072/rehab-center-were... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the woods.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Takitti wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/898072/rehab-center-were... whistle

Hahaha.

Hahaha.

Yeah...... blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
ljtrigirl wrote:

I have half a dozen scheduled for next year.

'Course, you know that, since you've signed up for them ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
United States
flag msg tools
Hiding this from the main Cassy page, but will not delete it from the queue. If you see this and still want to sign up, go for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah B.
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
britrock88 wrote:

So did I.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
AnneAa

1 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/1204319

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.