Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of putting together a list around Etahn A'baht (E-Wing) and Ten Numb (B-Wing). Together they fill 63 points of the list, but they've got potent synergy in that Etahn changes a hit to a crit for Ten, which then can't be cancelled by dice.

I know that the counter to this is TIEs that start taking Evade actions to get around it but I wonder if it's still a viable combo. Has anyone tried it?

I'd probably fill out the list with Biggs and a Bandit Squadron Pilot for 100 points exactly.Or drop the Z-95 and give Ten Numb Swarm Tactics and Advanced Proton Torpedoes and strap R2-D2 onto Biggs for added survivability. Might be fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hutchinson
New Zealand
Waitakere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes an interesting squad I have also looked at but not yet had opportunity to run.

Like you suggest I went with Biggs, but I decided in the end on a buffed three ship squad rather than add a z95. In the hope they would have some survivable after Biggs fell (who has R2D2) I gave both Etahn & Ten Numb advanced sensors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played exactly those two in a 70 points match yesterday, with Advanced Sensors for both and R2 for Etahn. It was a lot of fun.

Unfortunately, my opponent was a newbie, so I can't say whether it's actually strong or not. But, I won, with both still standing, against two Black Squadron TIEs with Predator and Soontir Fel with a couple upgrades (Red Guard, Stealth, Hull Upgrade and PtL).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See my thread further down the page

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1196858/high-ps-low-3-sq...

I took this list to a tournament my first and won 2 games out of 5
It was fun to fly but it suffered badly against a Han falcon gunner and 3po

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Morgan
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Horn and Ibitsam myself - though the synergy you mention sounds like lots of fun. The problem is a crit is just a shield on many lists - except Tie lists - where this would be painful (but regular kills with heavy hitting lists would be better I think).

What about something like this - target locks, stress removal from PTL by R2 and Tarn/wingman. I don't like the firepower without HLC that much and I like Tarn with R7 - but it's an idea.

36 points Ten Numb
Fire-Control System, Push the Limit

38 points Etahn A'baht
R2 Astromech, Push the Limit, Fire-Control System

26 points Tarn Mison
R2-D6, Wingman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ten Numb (31) + Swarm Tactics (2) + Fire Control System (2)
Etahn A'Baht (32) + PTL (3) + R2 Astromech (1)
Wes Janson (29)

100 point total, make sure you shoot with Wes first to strip your chosen target's ability to defend with focus or evade, before laying in a surefire crit (if you get something in Ten's attack).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This combo makes me, as an imperial player, somewhat happy, since I often fly a BSB with DtF. This combo essentially serves to protect my more valueable ships (howlrunner, mostly) from being killed in one or even two shots.
Wes, Ten, and Etahn combo sounds pretty nasty though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Markmanship on Ten and Cracken nearby can achieve a similar effect to Etahn A'baht for 10 points cheaper. Cracken's clearly not flying an E-wing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil, the Tusken Tactician
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tranenturm wrote:
Markmanship on Ten and Cracken nearby can achieve a similar effect to Etahn A'baht for 10 points cheaper. Cracken's clearly not flying an E-wing.

... which is why he dies very quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
Try out this one - the Crit-Factory:

Ten Numb 32
- Veteran Instincts

Etahn Abath 32

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

Sure - there aren't much upgrade cards in the list - but you simply don't need them. It's all about a flanking E-Wing & an assaulting Numb (who should be able to attack decloaked Phantoms with his Pilotskill 10) and his critical hits - and last but not least 3 Bandit Squadron Pilots, who will give you some durability with their 12 Hitpoints & 6 Attack dice.
More attack dice = more critical hits - Etahns ability will trigger on eversy attack!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paraic Mulgrew

San Antonio
Texas
msg tools
I agree that there is value in increasing the number of guns shooting to maximize on A'baht's ability. I chose a more unorthidox approach....

===================
Critical Clustered Crowd Control
===================
100 Point Rebel Squad

1 E Wing Etahn Abaht
Push the Limit
Advanced Proton Torpedos
R2D2
Shield upgrade

3x Z-95 Bandit Squadron Pilots
Cluster Missles
(1) Munitions Failsafe

This build attempt ot maximize the Critical granting ability of Etahn to as many ships/attacks as possible. Tight formation flying is needed. The Cluster Missles enjoy Etahn's modification on each attack. Etahn uses his Push the Limit to ensure his arc is in agreement with the Z-95s, as well as ensuring the Advanced proton Torpedo attack is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickos wrote:

Ten Numb 32
- Veteran Instincts

Etahn Abath 32

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

Sure - there aren't much upgrade cards in the list - but you simply don't need them. It's all about a flanking E-Wing & an assaulting Numb (who should be able to attack decloaked Phantoms with his Pilotskill 10) and his critical hits - and last but not least 3 Bandit Squadron Pilots, who will give you some durability with their 12 Hitpoints & 6 Attack dice.
More attack dice = more critical hits - Etahns ability will trigger on eversy attack!

This is what I was going to recommend, but I didn't know it had a name already. I might change VI to Calculations, though. Maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
South Lake Tahoe
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
heychadwick wrote:
Nickos wrote:

Ten Numb 32
- Veteran Instincts

Etahn Abath 32

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

This is what I was going to recommend, but I didn't know it had a name already. I might change VI to Calculations, though. Maybe.

But how will you change the name?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theashers wrote:
heychadwick wrote:
Nickos wrote:

Ten Numb 32
- Veteran Instincts

Etahn Abath 32

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

Bandit Squadron Pilot 12

But how will you change the name?

The crit-ier factory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.