Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A play of Urbion tonight reminded me that this may or may not exist soon. Any news?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan C
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose."
mbmbmbmbmb
I left a comment on Z-Man's Facebook page, and received the response "sometime in 2015." cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Currie
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
Dignity. Always dignity!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sylvion is on it's way to me today, and I'm looking forward to this one! Hopefully Urbion gets the same treatment so I can have a nice matching set of everything!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With Sylvion just having released (at least here in the US), I would expect that they would leave a few months to space them out, but I'm hoping maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release it around GenCon, or at least provide some more info on it. I just got the new editions of Onirim and Sylvion and have really enjoyed them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carrie W.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just got Sylvion and Onirim too. I've really enjoyed them, so I've been excited about the release of Castellion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalinda Patton
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The release is planned for Essen 2015
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Looking forward to learning more about this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilberto von Allmen
Switzerland
Locarno
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
here some fresh informations about the game (in french)
http://www.trictrac.net/actus/au-sujet-de-sylvion-et-de-cast...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chelsea
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And in English it says?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some quick swipes of Google Fu (Translate) later.
original article in french:
http://www.trictrac.net/actus/au-sujet-de-sylvion-et-de-cast...

CASTELLION

By Shadi Tarabay

Onirim, Urbion and Sylvion, although very different in their mechanisms, their goals and workflows have in common to have as the main engine management, over time of a certain number of cards. This management involves in any case a sense of timing: when to play / discard a card is at least as important as which card to play / discard.

The starting point was quite different from Castellon: create a game without hand cards to manage.

With Castellion, I wanted the decision to be instant: at the beginning of his turn, the player draws a card and must immediately decide if he wants to play or discard. As there is no hand of cards, management is on another level: the spatial organization of put cards. We must construct something with these cards. A structure ... a building ... a castle!

After only a few playtests, I decided to replace the cards by tiles (more stable, and able to transmit the feeling of a building).

Moreover, it seemed interesting to have a power on the discard tiles to make the dilemma -also ask / discard more agonizing. This power would be used to make the castle stronger, more able to defend themselves.

Defend ... but we had a villain!

I then had the idea of ​​a polymorphic monster like in Carpenter's The Thing (largest film trauma from when I was 9 years old). To overcome this entity, the castle has to change shape, not only from game to game (for re-playability) but also during the same game!

To overcome this entity, the castle has to change shape, not only from one game to another, but also during the same game

I decided to divide it in three attacks, more and more brutal, thus requiring a larger stronger castle to resist. These attacks are triggered by the installation of a number of Traitors tiles, mixed among the tiles used to build the castle. This creates a pressure element: should I try to optimize the construction already providing all defenses for the second attack, or a stopgap, since the first attack could happen faster than we think?

The tiles of the castle are 'Defender' tiles , as they are not only part of the castle, but also a defender. There are four types of defenders, each with a color and a specific power. The power is linked to the discard of the tile; the color is linked to laying the tile, and participation in a 'defensive formation'.

To overcome the threat, the castle must have a certain number of specific defensive formations to the avatar that adopts threat during his attack: for example, if the threat takes the form of the Harpy, it will take turns in the Castle (ie four same colored tiles vertically aligned); if it takes the form of the Horde will require defense lines (four same-colored tiles horizontally aligned) ...

In the end, Castellion appears as a distant descendant of the puzzles of my childhood: a puzzle whose shape is different each game, which pieces are all compatible with each other and can be discarded to help with the construction, which said construction should definitely be completed before the onset of an implacable enemy.

Twin entities: Ravage and Menace.

Two different games: Sylvion and Castellon.

A mission: to save the Onivers ... to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K T Magiosnik
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happykali wrote:
The release is planned for Essen 2015

Any idea if the Essen release means stores and redistributors will also be receiving/shipping out their copies around the same time? Or will there be a "release" at Essen, and then pre-orders at stores and such won't ship out until sometime notably later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Guibord
Canada
Vaudreuil-dorion
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Filosofia's twitter account told me end of October for store release of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K T Magiosnik
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guibs wrote:
Filosofia's twitter account told me end of October for store release of the game.

That's a rather pleasant surprise! The online retailers all seem to be in the dark regarding Z-man/Filosofia's release dates as of late.

All they need to do now is post the rulebook online (and maybe some more of the nice photos you can find only if you search desperately enough across the various websites they have varying presences on) and it'll be like they actually want people to learn about/purchase the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that the end of October is accurate--just waiting on this before I pick up my next order at the game store
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's out today! I saw it on BoardGameBliss meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K T Magiosnik
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meanwhile, in the USA..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Hearne
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least one vendor is already selling it on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Z-Man-Games-49002ZMG-Castellion-Game/d...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I got it last week thru BoardGame Bliss along with a couple other things Their shipping to the US is quite reasonable and a strong dollar doesn't hurt, either.

And Yikes, it was just about half what that listing on Amazon is charging, including shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K T Magiosnik
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigiba wrote:
Actually, I got it last week thru BoardGame Bliss along with a couple other things Their shipping to the US is quite reasonable and a strong dollar doesn't hurt, either.

And Yikes, it was just about half what that listing on Amazon is charging, including shipping.

Right now I'm waiting on a preorder from one of the US online stores, but Board Game Bliss certainly has incredibly competitive pricing and a strong import game.

I continue to find really odd how games like Castellion get incredibly nebulous releases and really no marketing. You can order it on Z-man's website, but then we don't have any idea when retailers will get their copies until they get them. Not to mention how there's been nearly zero promotion of the game, unless you count the soft release at Spiel and the rule-book finally getting posted online then.

What hype Castellion has mustered for itself seems to be getting churned up by Oniverse fans (and this is great), but without at least a modicum of effort from Z-man, it feels a little frustrating at times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tigiba wrote:

Boardgames Bliss with the least expensive shipping rate ends up being 22 USD or 25 USD for the more expensive shipping locations.

The Amazon price comes in at 35 bucks. Not half the price but certainly better to import from Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
chicagopsych wrote:
tigiba wrote:

Boardgames Bliss with the least expensive shipping rate ends up being 22 USD.

There are several Amazon offers that are similar and even less

http://www.amazon.com/Z-Man-Games-49001ZMG-Sylvion-Board/dp/...

That's a different game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is! Poor attention to detail on my part modest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chicagopsych wrote:
tigiba wrote:

Boardgames Bliss with the least expensive shipping rate ends up being 22 USD or 25 USD for the more expensive shipping locations.

The Amazon price comes in at 35 bucks. Not half the price but certainly better to import from Canada.

Oops, I was taking the shipping proportional against Castellion and the rest of my purchase and calling it just over $18US -- Couldn't pass up a couple other things they had at a good price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the U.S., the game appears to be live on Carhaus today: http://www.cardhaus.com/catalog/board_games/castellion/33761...

Go go go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.