Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dianna
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played our first game tonight (really interesting!) and just want a clarification:

I bought the Lender. My husband has a Harbor (which I do not own). On his turn, he 'rolls' white + black, namely hire a sailor. On my turn, I take the Lender coin and use the harbor ability, and hire my own sailor by paying 3 coinage (who I keep for the rest of the game).

Is this correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laboratory
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Yep. That's a totally fair and appropriate use of the Lender Coin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Sullivan
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh does the Harbormaster just flip the coins once every two player turns? Like, the Harbor master flips the coins and the result remains for his turn and the next player's turn? We were flipping the coins again on each player's turn. Sounds like flipping on each turn is incorrect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
digs wrote:
Oh does the Harbormaster just flip the coins once every two player turns? Like, the Harbor master flips the coins and the result remains for his turn and the next player's turn? We were flipping the coins again on each player's turn. Sounds like flipping on each turn is incorrect.

Yup, only the Harbormaster flips the coins at the beginning of their turn. The "beginning of their turn" part is something that I missed first time around. The players will know at the beginning of the round if they have the chance to buy a sailor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Sullivan
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes so much more sense to me! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianna
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Defining the Harbor tokens at the beginning of the Harbormaster's turn (rather when the harbor is immediately built, which is how the rules were originally written) makes a difference in this case too, as I (with the Lender) couldn't use the harbor's ability a turn ahead of the person who actually built it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Moore
United States
San Bernardino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the printed rules as saying that the harbormaster shakes/flips/rolls the coins at the start of each turn.
parelle wrote:
Defining the Harbor tokens at the beginning of the Harbormaster's turn (rather when the harbor is immediately built, which is how the rules were originally written) makes a difference in this case too, as I (with the Lender) couldn't use the harbor's ability a turn ahead of the person who actually built it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dianna
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Not each - their own turn. That would be too random for the sailor hiring!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.