Popular Tags: [View All]
brian bennett
United States
sugar land
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After watching a rhado's runthrough of this game, it appears to be very similar to Terra Mystica in that you take actions until you can't or choose not to. My question to the people who have multiple plays is, does it feel like terra mystica?

Also, is the 2 player game good? My wife and I play TM a lot and thoroughly enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not much like Terra Mystica in my opinion. It's a standard worker placement game, but it's very well done. It works fine with 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it doesn't feel like TM at all. Both are great though.

It's online at Yucata.de if you want to try it for free to see if you want it.

Great 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Ardianto
Indonesia
DKI Jakarta - Jakarta Utara
flag msg tools
badge
https://www.facebook.com/gopopnow
mbmbmbmbmb
brianbennett15 wrote:
it appears to be very similar to Terra Mystica in that you take actions until you can't or choose not to.

Hey, which Euro are not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brianbennett15 wrote:
After watching a rhado's runthrough of this game, it appears to be very similar to Terra Mystica in that you take actions until you can't or choose not to. My question to the people who have multiple plays is, does it feel like terra mystica?

Also, is the 2 player game good? My wife and I play TM a lot and thoroughly enjoy it.

Doesnt feel like TM at all. It is a no-luck worker placement game. It is best with 2 players than 3 or 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. O. Schaefer
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Wildhorn wrote:
It is best with 2 players than 3 or 4.

Although my experience with other player counts is limited I really think it is best with 4.

To the op: It doesn't feel like TM especially because there is no map and you want your plans in no way to be "near your neighbors, i. e. it's good to choose unchosen paths. Although it's a standard worker placement game it feels unique as there is no engine and it is not so easy to dismantle mathematically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wildhorn wrote:
Doesnt feel like TM at all. It is a no-luck worker placement game. It is best with 2 players than 3 or 4.
I don't feel it's particularly better (or worse) with 2 than any other player count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian bennett
United States
sugar land
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the constructive posts. The game is on its way to my house now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please report back in after a play or two. It's one of my favorite games of 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian bennett
United States
sugar land
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emcher wrote:
Please report back in after a play or two. It's one of my favorite games of 2014.

So it has been a while but I've finally got this one played. It plays nothing like Terra Mystica. This game ramps up in intensity like no other game I've played. In the early stages of the game I could see my wife and I thinking "oh great I got 12 points this round". However by the 3rd round the strategy unfolded and we were locked in just staring at the board unblinking. The game ended up with me as the victor by slim margin of 4 points. 291 - 287. This game will definitely be coming out again.

One clarification question; what happens to the trains and factories? By the end of the game we had no trains left and only a couple of factory tiles (which were returned trains). If you need to replace a train and all the tiles have been "returned as factories" do you just have to chalk it up to poor planning?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brianbennett15 wrote:
emcher wrote:

So it has been a while but I've finally got this one played. It plays nothing like Terra Mystica. This game ramps up in intensity like no other game I've played. In the early stages of the game I could see my wife and I thinking "oh great I got 12 points this round". However by the 3rd round the strategy unfolded and we were locked in just staring at the board unblinking. The game ended up with me as the victor by slim margin of 4 points. 291 - 287. This game will definitely be coming out again.

One clarification question; what happens to the trains and factories? By the end of the game we had no trains left and only a couple of factory tiles (which were returned trains). If you need to replace a train and all the tiles have been "returned as factories" do you just have to chalk it up to poor planning?

Yeah, if you manage to run out of trains, you can't take any more trains. If everyone ends up with the full 4 engines and 5 factories, then there will be at most one factory left over - and only if someone took the 9-loco bonus tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brianbennett15 wrote:
If you need to replace a train and all the tiles have been "returned as factories" do you just have to chalk it up to poor planning?
As the stack of trains dwindles fights over turn order and who gets to place a train, and/or get the factory and train, become very tense. It's one of the few times that coins/engineers might not go on the first round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.