Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked this up at my FLGS who kickstarted it with stretch goals. Discovered that neither the box or the tin hold all of the cards that came with the game. Am I really expected to carry both boxes around if I want to have all of the game? Come on now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's kind of odd for sure, though I guess they may come out with expansions for these two factions or entire new factions down the road sometime, so at some point a bigger box will be needed. Then perhaps the tin could just be used for taking pre-built decks out for some quick games while out an about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bame
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for the game to come. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent
Netherlands
Arnhem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavedog98 wrote:
Picked this up at my FLGS who kickstarted it with stretch goals. Discovered that neither the box or the tin hold all of the cards that came with the game. Am I really expected to carry both boxes around if I want to have all of the game? Come on now.

You missed the kickstarter, so you couldn't have known. This is what is mentioned in the kickstarter:
Quote:
Said bundle will be composed of one tin within which the wise oddball Aeronaut can accommodate all 81 of their cards unsleeved or 54 of their cards sleeved (and as is common knowledge the game is played with only 54 cards with the extra 27 used to customise the deck of 54). The lid of this tin will be adorned with an image that will be limited in its availability in the future (post Kickstarter).

I still don't have my copies so I'm not sure how many cards fit, but I knew to order two tins to fit both factions in their own box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered 2 tins. One sleeved faction (plus a half of Event cards) fits in one tin box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Australia
Live in Perth, Australia
Born and bred in Britain
flag msg tools
...into Microbadge ;-)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a little confusing.

There are 81 cards in total in the base game box, plus another 14 (depending on your backing level) that came as stretch goals from the kickstarter. The tin was also a stretch goal from the kickstarter.

When you receive it, the 81 base cards are in the game box, and the additional 14 are in the tin.

The tin does indeed hold all 81 cards from the base game. But it can't also hold the 14 extra kickstarter ones - the tin can't hold 95 cards.

The box is also designed for 81 cards, and can't (at least not unless you tie a rubber band around it to hold the lid on) hold 95 either.

So to store the game at all, you either need to over-fill the box, or store in both box and tin together, or buy yourself a new box/tin to put them all in. Which is all a little odd.

In terms of just taking a playable game somewhere, it seems that you only require a standard deck of 54 cards (27 for each player) or perhaps a few different from that if you draft your own deck. So this would fit in the tin, but only if you think to pre-draft the deck before going out, and only if, while out, you want to keep playing with that same deck.

So either the tin is too small (holds 81, not 95) or it's too big (holds 81, not ~54). I think probably the former.

And the sticker for the tin isn't quite the same size as the space on the top of the tin designed for the sticker to sit.

[Edit: and also the rules don't fit in the tin as they have less-rounded-corners than the tin, so only fit in the tin if you chop off or bend over the corners.]

Which is a shame, as the quality of the tin, sticker and cards is all good, it just looks a bit as if these stretch-goals for the kickstarter were put in a bit too quick without double-checking if they actually worked together. And I don't think it was obvious from the kickstarter page originally that that would be the case (indeed, the fact that each game comes with one tin suggests that there wasn't an expectation that anyone needed two - and if you really were expected to get two, then each of the two could have been a little smaller).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.