Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Derek Porter
United States
Bangor
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the second Play By Forum game of Twilight Imperium for players from /r/twilightimperium!

In the reddit forums, we have already selected our players:

Frank
msg tools
JJ PP
msg tools
DJ Ernst
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wine Ought

Minnesota
msg tools
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Austin MacDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Since this is the first PBF game for many of us, we'll be using these forums to conduct moves and roll dice, and the VASSAL module to keep track of the game state. I will be posting a screen cap of each round.

Furthermore, in the interests of getting started we have decided to use a preset map. We are also using the following options:

* Alternate Strategy Cards and Objective Deck

* Race-Specific Technologies

* Flagships

* Mechanized Units

* Custodians of Mecatol Rex

* Tactical Retreats

* Wormhole Nexus

* Preliminary Objectives

* Facilities

* Leaders

* Political Intrigue

Finally, in the forums on reddit, we have determined that Fortbuild is the Speaker, and players have chosen their Great Races as follows:

1. Fortbuild is playing Emirates of Hacan in Yellow.
2. Drinksinhell is playing the Naalu Collective in Purple.
3. Euleeuleeule is the Clan of Saar in Black.
4. Moonpaw is the Federation of Sol in Grey.
5. pedal2000 is the Universities of Jol-Nar in Blue.
6. dernst2 is the Arborec in Green.

Here is a shot of the opening game state.

Best of luck to everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Porter
United States
Bangor
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Players will be receiving their opening hands via Geekmail. The illustrious Fortbuild of the Emirates of Hacan holds the title of Speaker, and will lead us off in the new Strategy Phase.

The first Public Objective in play is:

I successfully invaded a planet containing at least 1 opposing Ground Force this turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's happening!!!
To start off the game I will be selecting Technology as my strategy Card!
Meow! Meow!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB L1Z1X
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to spectating this game. I've only seen someone play Saar once and they seem really interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ PP
msg tools
Noooo, the pressure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Porter
United States
Bangor
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spectators are fine, but don't make me break out the squirt bottle again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
msg tools
AghghghHHHHHaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Ahem,

We apologize, it appears the newest prototype of our FishtoVoice 9000 has malfunctioned.

We are excited to share this opportunity for enlightenment with you all!

Peace and Knowledge for all in our time,

-The Private Council of the Jol-Nar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin MacDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sssalutationss from the snake tribe of the Naalu.

Our selection in strategy cardsss will be trade.

Your choice, Ssssaar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ PP
msg tools
The humble Clan will pick Warfare II as our strategy for this turn.

Next up, the Federation of Sol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wine Ought

Minnesota
msg tools
The annoyed and slightly worried Federation will select Leadership. And then ask why the Clans feel the need for 3 movement speed first turn? Does the Diplomat on Jord need to break our her Red Tape of Awesome +3?

Seriously though, I was gonna use that! Didn't think anyone would be passing up Production, which I can't even make use of! So I guess the Jol-Nar gets Production. Always the best thing for them first turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
msg tools
It appears the wave function has collapsed in an unanticipated but not unappreciated fashion. As such it is our collective thought that we have no choice in the matter. Our duty must be to use Production to spread our ships of learning throughout the Galaxy.

We now pass to the Arborec.

This is a test! 1d10 = (1) = 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 571696. pedal2000
  • 1d10 =
  • (1) =
  • This is a test!
  • Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:46 pm
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arborec, we ask that you select trade. We offer you trade between our empires and a TG once our trade contracts pay off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
msg tools
Fortbuild wrote:
Arborec, we ask that you select trade. We offer you trade between our empires and a TG once our trade contracts pay off.

Mighty Hacan, please forgive this insolence but we feel you may have sampled a few too many of your delicious and addictive goods. The Tribes of the Naalu have already elected to lead trade in this time of trouble within our galaxy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pedal2000 wrote:
Fortbuild wrote:

Mighty Hacan, please forgive this insolence but we feel you may have sampled a few too many of your delicious and addictive goods. The Tribes of the Naalu have already elected to lead trade in this time of trouble within our galaxy.

What!? Where am I?
Please excuse me. I... err... uh... fine. fine. yes. That'll do.

We retract our previous statement. We've had a brainless morning...

But that does remind me. I was trying to move some stuff around in Vassal and the Trade SC would not budge while I was still able to move the others. I'm not very familiar with vassal yet. Is there some button I should be pressing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JB L1Z1X
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vassal is a finicky beast. Try shift or ctrl clicking things that get stuck for no reason. Sometimes that unsticks them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin MacDonald
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It isss okay. We are used to being looked over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DJ Ernst
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
The Arborec is peace. The symphony is tranquility. The Arborec chooses Assembly strategy card. Peace be with all who embrace the symphony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ PP
msg tools
Moonpaw wrote:
The annoyed and slightly worried Federation will select Leadership. And then ask why the Clans feel the need for 3 movement speed first turn?

My people are restless.
For too long we have dwelled on useless Asteroids.
But to ease your worries, we will not jump into the tri-system turn 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starkiller
United States
Wasilla
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first online game that actually looks like an entertaining read!
Subscribed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
msg tools
We believe now is the time for Action! (Phase, Round 1.) It seems as though the order of the galaxy has been decided as:

The Naalu Collective (Racial / Trade)
The Federation of Sol (Leadership)
The Arborec (Assembly)
The Universities of Jol Nar (Production)
The Clan of Saar (Warfare)
The Emirates of Hacan (Technology)

And welcome the first steps towards a permanent peace within the Galaxy by the Naalu!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wine Ought

Minnesota
msg tools
Euleeuleeule wrote:
Moonpaw wrote:
The annoyed and slightly worried Federation will select Leadership. And then ask why the Clans feel the need for 3 movement speed first turn?

My people are restless.
For too long we have dwelled on useless Asteroids.
But to ease your worries, we will not jump into the tri-system turn 1.

As it happens, the Federation of Sol had planned to make use of warfare to take some systems first turn. We did not believe anyone would have enough use of Warfare, hence the annoyance. So long as Technology is not delayed too long though, it should not cause too much trouble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
msg tools
Fortbuild wrote:

But that does remind me. I was trying to move some stuff around in Vassal and the Trade SC would not budge while I was still able to move the others. I'm not very familiar with vassal yet. Is there some button I should be pressing?

Finally got a moment, it appears I am unable to move Trade in this as well. I have some experience with vassal (self taught though...) so maybe templar will have some thoughts but for now I have no idea, just having the same issue!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pedal2000 wrote:
Fortbuild wrote:

Finally got a moment, it appears I am unable to move Trade in this as well. I have some experience with vassal (self taught though...) so maybe templar will have some thoughts but for now I have no idea, just having the same issue!

For now I just put a Naalu control flag on it. I still can't find a way to move it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wine Ought

Minnesota
msg tools
Obviously the Naalu get their first turn, but to speed things up a bit, I'll state my first move: activate Leadership, and put all 3 free CCs into my strategy allocation. No extra CC buys though.

Just as a prediction, I'm guessing the Naalu will use Maaluk to buy one and the Hacan and Jol-Nar may buy one with their planets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JJ PP
msg tools
Moonpaw wrote:
Obviously the Naalu get their first turn, but to speed things up a bit, I'll state my first move: activate Leadership, and put all 3 free CCs into my strategy allocation. No extra CC buys though.

Just as a prediction, I'm guessing the Naalu will use Maaluk to buy one and the Hacan and Jol-Nar may buy one with their planets?

This game will take months - no need to speed things up, be patient

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [63] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.