Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean Ouellet
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is an interesting one, if a TIE fighter shoots at Tarn Mison and Captain Kagi is close, does Captain Kagi's ability apply?

Tarn Ability:
When an enemy ship declares you as the target of an attack, you may acquire a target lock on that ship.

Captain Kagi ability:
When an enemy ship acquires a target lock, it must lock onto your ship if able.

I would rule it as Tarn ability is specific enough by saying "That ship" that Captain Kagi can't intercept..

Opinions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would have to agree that "that ship" is specific in the same way that "the defender" is used on the FCS card (Kagi's entry, FAQ p6). Same with R7-T1.

Good question, not 100% on that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC this was ruled somewhere. The reason that I remember is that Kagi only has you lock onto him "if able", and you're not able to lock onto Kagi if you have to lock onto something else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse L
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
haslo wrote:
IIRC this was ruled somewhere. The reason that I remember is that Kagi only has you lock onto him "if able", and you're not able to lock onto Kagi if you have to lock onto something else.

This is exactly correct. You only have to choose Kagi of he is a legal choice. With Tarn's ability you only have 1 choice, the attacker, therefore Kagi is not a valid target, so his ability does not matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.