Hide
5 Posts

Adventure Time Card Wars: Finn vs. Jake» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple ability activation order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mario velasco
msg tools
I've got a couple of questions regarding the order of ability activation.
When I destroy, as a cost, my Ghost Chest Burster[When this card leaves play, draw the bottom card of your deck] with my Dr. Death[Destroy a creature you control and floop >>> Destroy target opposing creature in lane], What happens first? Do I draw, does the opposing creature gets destroyed or do I get to choose? The other one is, if I play Smoldering Elder[When this card enters play, each player discards 2 cards] over the aforementioned Ghost Chest Burster, What happens first? Do I draw, do we discard or do I get to choose? One last thing, can I play Smoldering Elder if my opponent or I have less than 2 cards in hand? Thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You finish resolving the current effect before moving on to any other side triggers. So Dr. Death fully resolves before resolving the Chest Burster.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario velasco
msg tools
Thanks, what about the other two questions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You resolve the card you are playing first, then deal with the card you replaced.

Yes, you can still play the Elder even if a player doesn't have 2to cards in hand. Just discard what yoou have.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario velasco
msg tools
Thanks a lot, sometimes it gets really complicated playing with friends while there is no clarification of this things in the rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.