Firefly: The Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Getting rid of warrants rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kj Patterson
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I was working an illegal job, which requires misbehaving. I failed and recieved a warrant. I lost the job, became not solid with Harken. How do you get rid of warrants? Do I have to just wait and see if the alliance just catches me, or can I pay this off somewhere.

Thanks Kim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Do the right thing. It's usually obvious.
badge
I Has a Stick! A Tiny Green Stick!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are Solid with Badger, you can pay him $1000 when using a Deal action with him to discard ALL of your warrants.

Otherwise, as you say, you just wait until the Alliance Cruiser catches you, and pay for them then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and if you don't want to wait "to be caught", can't you simply just fly into it? (the AC)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why would you possibly go out of your way to pay money that you might never need to pay by game's end?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
Why would you possibly go out of your way to pay money that you might never need to pay by game's end?

So that you can Deal with Harken?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Why would you possibly want to Deal with Harken?!?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Van Wagoner
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
we have several custom story cards that have goals that can only be done "if solid with harken"!! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dungeon Drop!
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus being solid with Harken is a great thing. Another reason to voluntarily meet up with the cruiser is if you have under $1000, that way you don't need to pay much to get rid of the warrant(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Different strokes... Dealing with Harken usually just gets in the way of my Crime spree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Hobby
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
jasonmiceli wrote:
Plus being solid with Harken is a great thing. Another reason to voluntarily meet up with the cruiser is if you have under $1000, that way you don't need to pay much to get rid of the warrant(s).

We are thinking of making a player work off their debt to Harken by completing jobs for him that equal the amount you are short of the $1000 and not getting paid except any dough left over. It'd suck but give the Cruiser Encounters even more teeth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
DeadmeatDad wrote:
jasonmiceli wrote:

We are thinking of making a player work off their debt to Harken by completing jobs for him that equal the amount you are short of the $1000 and not getting paid except any dough left over. It'd suck but give the Cruiser Encounters even more teeth

I'm working on a solitaire story card called "Legal Tender" that has a theme similar to that:
Your Leader is committed to being a involuntary contract worker for the Alliance, so not only does s/he have to take jobs from Harken, but must also avoid doing (or at least being noticed or caught doing) any illegal jobs or carrying fugitives, contraband, or wanted crew -- sort of like being an indentured servant in order to stay out of jail for some past indiscretions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Parker
msg tools
gwek wrote:

If you don't have any money or you only have a couple of hundred credits, "flying into" Harken is a cheap way to clear Warrants.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Parker
msg tools
John_VW wrote:
gwek wrote:
we have several custom story cards that have goals that can only be done "if solid with harken"!! :-)

To be able ignore Customs Inspections and to get legal Piracy Jobs, maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Which doesn't matter if you don't get Warrants, and that's how I roll!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.