Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little confused as to what versions (specifically English) are available, what's the most 'recent', and all that. I'm assuming Fantasy Flight has the rights since they're publishing the expansions. I also see on their site that they have a news article from just a few weeks ago saying it's *back* in stock... When did they originally release their edition?
Basically this is my problem: I've been indefinitely borrowing a copy for a while, but I knew the expansions would be coming out eventually, so I thought maybe a revised edition would come out and I would rather BUY that one and return this one. The version I have is 2012 Cranio Creations, that's about all I can tell. My main problem with this edition is the rulebook, so if there's a newer edition with a revised rulebook, THAT'S what I want. I have the pdf of the fixed rulebook, but it would be much less hassle to just have the print rulebook be accurate.
If anyone has the (apparent) FFG version, could you tell me when/where you got it and if you know what the differences are? Thanks!

Edit: I see Miniature Market specifically says Fantasy Flight as the manufacturer, so I at least have a where figured out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got my copy of the FFG version, so I figured I'd answer my own question in case anyone else happens to be curious as to any differences:

The dice in the older version I had had white markings on the color dice. The FFG version's dice are all black markings, like the white dice.

The older version has Fridolin, in the FFG version, his name is Aristide.

That's all I've noticed so far. The rule books seem identical, but I'll get a closer look later. That was the main reason I wanted a different version. I forget where the problems I had in the older one were, so I'll have to look for those and compare.

So in short... not any big deal changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KPac511 wrote:
I got my copy of the FFG version, so I figured I'd answer my own question in case anyone else happens to be curious as to any differences:

The dice in the older version I had had white markings on the color dice. The FFG version's dice are all black markings, like the white dice.

The older version has Fridolin, in the FFG version, his name is Aristide.

That's all I've noticed so far. The rule books seem identical, but I'll get a closer look later. That was the main reason I wanted a different version. I forget where the problems I had in the older one were, so I'll have to look for those and compare.

So in short... not any big deal changes.

Ah, that explains the flavour text and spell card backs in the (Horrible Games version) Fire and Water expansions that say "Aristide." I just figured he was an upcoming playable character in the Air or Earth expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
Ah, that explains the flavour text and spell card backs in the (Horrible Games version) Fire and Water expansions that say "Aristide." I just figured he was an upcoming playable character in the Air or Earth expansions.

Yeah, I'm curious why, of all things, that was changed. The difference in the dice just makes them look better, but a name change is deliberate. I didn't compare the names of the Emporium items or any of the individual enemies, but I might have to do that, too, to look into any other name changes where there are so few obvious differences between the versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Off the top of my head, I know Pussy Demon is still there. Who's sniffing underwear? I'd have to look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.