Canada
Athabasca
Alberta
flag msg tools
WIN OR LOSE I HOPE YOU HAVE FUN!
badge
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mbmbmbmbmb
So I bought 2 Booster Boxes and opened them up. I am horrified to see firstly that I only received 59 boosters in each Box stating 60 are inside.

The production quality of these things is awful. EVERY SINGLE CARD IN THE BOX IS BENT!!! Is this normal?!?! This is my first card game I wanted to get into and I am appalled by how destroyed the product comes out of the box. Is this how all Collectible card games come out of boosters?

How are people on EBAY selling MINT cards if these booster boxes produce warped garbage cards?

Any suggestions of how to "home repair" these cards to straighten all 240 of them out?

Has anyone else had this type of experience from this product?

The company producing this product should try a bit harder with a product that is labeled with Marvels stamp of approval.

Disappointed customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caden Hall
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry if this offends you but did you research on this forum at all before purchasing these boxes?? there are probably 30-50 different posts relating to this exact issue of bent and otherwise screwed up cards, as well as dice missing paint. It is unfortunate, but this is what allows this game to be so cheap and I for one am fine with it. The cards straighten out very easily being made of cheaper cardboard. You can smash them between heavy objects, you can sleeve them, keep them in a binder, one guy on here even goes so far as to C-Clamp them between 2 boards. I am surprised to hear of the boxes each missing a booster pack though, that is the first time I have heard that one and I'm sorry it happened to you. How was your distribution between both boxes, did you get any Super Rares?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. They all come "bent". As in, curved, not creased. That means they are all "repairable" by... stacking them under something heavy or putting them in card sleeves. That's all it takes.

Why do they come this way? Because they are in $.99 packs along with 2 dice, and the cards will curve around the dice. Hard plastic packaging or separate packaging for the dice and cards would greatly increase the price.

The cards don't go into a deck and don't need to be shuffled so it doesn't matter.

The bigger gripe is the the flat white cardstock they use the try to keep the cards from getting bent, that has a textured edge that sticks to cards and tears off some of the color. Of course, that only effects you if you're buying to resell and not play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninjaed
This subject has been discussed quite a bit already. Here's one of the many threads on the subject.

Here's the your answer in a nutshell. Everybody knows the cards come warped. It's pretty easy to fix. Anybody buying MDM cards from Ebay and the like usually know what to expect, so it's rarely a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am guessing you got repacked boxes. People open packs from the GFs until they find the super rare and then repack the boxes with packs from other GFs. If you did not get a super rare in either of your GFs then I believe this is what has happened to you. The cards are all warped from the packs but it does not take much to straighten them and considering the price I find little to complain about.

Home Repair Solution = Weight them down or put them in a folder with something heavy to flatten them.

Ninja'd ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R M
Canada
Athabasca
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mbmbmbmbmb
No I didn’t have time to go through all 71x20 pages worth of posts....

I ended up getting Card #131 (Mr Fantastic) in both boxes. One was badly damaged though by another card being stuck to it and creating a crease in the card and also and a white spot from where the card was stuck to.
Lol I guess I expect my .99 to stretch further. No offense taken.

I appreciate the quick responses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put my cards in a binder using those 3 by 3 card pages. Just doing that straightens them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R M
Canada
Athabasca
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mbmbmbmbmb
rhadamanthine wrote:
I am guessing you got repacked boxes. People open packs from the GFs until they find the super rare and then repack the boxes with packs from other GFs. If you did not get a super rare in either of your GFs then I believe this is what has happened to you. The cards are all warped from the packs but it does not take much to straighten them and considering the price I find little to complain about.

Home Repair Solution = Weight them down or put them in a folder with something heavy to flatten them.

Ninja'd ninja

Is every box of 59 (lol) guaranteed 1 Super Rare then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
learza wrote:

Just because I'm a "Teach a man to fish" kinda guy...

To avoid actually going through 71x20 pages worth of posts, consider using searches. Put the phrase "warped cards" into the search function (small menu bar at the top right). Alternatively, put the phrase "marvel dice masters warped cards" into a google search. Both will turn up the thread that I linked to. It took me less than 1 minute to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bialecki
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
learza wrote:
rhadamanthine wrote:

Ninja'd ninja

Read this. Found via the magic of Google.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R M
Canada
Athabasca
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ducimus
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As for your damaged super rare dice masters does have replacement policy where you mail in the damaged item and they send a new one in about ten days. Some one else posted about it and there results awhile back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R M
Canada
Athabasca
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mbmbmbmbmb
mbialeck wrote:
learza wrote:

Just because I'm a "Teach a man to fish" kinda guy...

To avoid actually going through 71x20 pages worth of posts, consider using searches. Put the phrase "warped cards" into the search function (small menu bar at the top right). Alternatively, put the phrase "marvel dice masters warped cards" into a google search. Both will turn up the thread that I linked to. It took me less than 1 minute to find.

Regardless of this. If someone doesn't have time to through 71x20 pages of posts and just wants to buy the game they're not going to search for a "key word" because they wont know what the key word happens to be. I wouldn't have dreamed of the cards being warped so I wouldn't have searched for "warped cards" as a topic of interest. 99% of what's out on Google is saying how awesome this game is and how quickly it sold out.

Thanks for the library lesson on how to search. Again Magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
badge
Cheap as chips
mbmbmb
learza wrote:
I wouldn't have dreamed of the cards being warped so I wouldn't have searched for "warped cards" as a topic of interest.

Okay. From your original post:
learza wrote:

How are people on EBAY selling MINT cards if these booster boxes produce warped garbage cards?

learza wrote:

99% of what's out on Google is saying how awesome this game is and how quickly it sold out.

Using your other description of the cards:
https://www.google.com/search?q=marvel+dice+master+bent+card...

Top result leads to a thread with solutions.

The reason there are so many threads is because people don't bother searching to see if there is already one on the same topic, so we end up with many repeats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R M
Canada
Athabasca
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
learza wrote:
This is my first card game I wanted to get into and I am appalled by how destroyed the product comes out of the box. Is this how all Collectible card games come out of boosters?

Bit nit-picky here, but MDM is NOT a collectible card game, its a Collectible DICE game that just happens to use Cards to keep track of some of the stats and abilities.

I'm a Magic and Legend of the Five Rings player, and the condition and quality of cards coming from MTG or L5R are miles above those in MDM. But packs are also ~$4 each and you need to open a lot more of them to get the ones you want, hence the massive secondary market for singles that exists for them.

Before anyone complains, yes I know the cards are different at each rarity, which technically makes this some sort of hybrid collectible dice/card game (which is a pretty cool idea), but the general thought still stands for the most part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this really isn't a collectible card game in the sense that most people use that phrase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WizKids makes another collectable miniatures game called HeroClix, which also uses cards for the stats and such. However, they just throw the cards in the package in whatever way fits, which usually results in them being horrifically bent. Also, the quality of the cards is all over the place. So I'm used to it. Considering the price of the boosters, I don't mind too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
learza wrote:
rhadamanthine wrote:

Ninja'd ninja

Since I pulled my last 2 Super Rares out of the 59 single boosters one would guess there is 2 Super Rares in a box but we all know better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
learza wrote:

I ended up getting Card #131 (Mr Fantastic) in both boxes. One was badly damaged though by another card being stuck to it and creating a crease in the card and also and a white spot from where the card was stuck to.
Lol I guess I expect my .99 to stretch further. No offense taken.

I appreciate the quick responses.

Here in Australia we pay $1 for a standard D6. The price of 2 dice with 2 cards and a divider for $1.50 is a major selling point for us in Australia. Thought I better clarify this as I dont know the standard price of regular D6 outside of Oz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R M
Canada
Athabasca
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys pay $1AUD for 1 D6 Dice??!?! What?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.