Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Kaminsky
United States
Matawan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Our group decided to do a 200sp faction pure game between Collective OP1 and 2. No Borg allowed and up to 3 resources with no duplicates. We're playing this Saturday and I just put this build together and was curious what you guys thought? Thanks in advance for all your comments and suggestions.

Koranak (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Total (39)

5th Wing Patrol Ship (22)
Gelnon (3)
Long Range Tachyon Scan (2)
Phased Polaron Beam (5)
Total (32)

4th Division Battleship (36)
Weyoun (5)
Omet'Iklan (5)
Remata'Klan (4)
Total (50)

2nd Division Cruiser (34)
Sar (1)
Amat'Igan (3)
Breen Aide (2)
Antiproton Scan (4)
Total (44)

Hideki Class Attack Fighter (20)
Total (20)

Dominion Flagship - 10 (Cruiser or Battleship)
Command Tokens - 5

Other cost: 15

Fleet total: 200

Generated by Space Dock for iOS
http://spacedockapp.org

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's Weyoun (8) right? His ability is nice, but do you really think there will be 3 rounds in the game where you're Battleship won't be able to attack something? I agree you need to protect that battleship, though. So make it the flagship and put Sar and Amat'Igan on it. This 2-3 defense dice are going to go a looong way on that ship. And you'll want to get that free action for the 5th or cruiser as long as possible. With Dukat, Flagship and the 4th's special ability, I don't think you'll be hurting for actions much so I would consider the Chief Engineer tokens instead of the Command tokens. If you roll exceptionally well, adding one more hit to the result is going to be huge. And if you roll poorly, disabling 2 shields for the evade is going to make your fleet last a little bit longer to take more shots.

I'd move Remata to the Koranak and trying to find a pt or two to fit Shroud. If you swap to Weyoun (7), it will reduce the cost of at least 1 crew, so you could fit 1 Shroud in. If you drop to Weyoun (5), it would free up a pt and he could be used to protect crew as well.

I'm not sure Dorsal Weapons Array is necessary in a game like this. There is more than enough to cover the flanks of your Battlship and Koranak. If its still a 3x3 play area, I don't see how the Battleship won't have something to shoot at most rounds.

My suggestion:

Koranak (26)
Gul Dukat (5)
Boheeka (2)
Tetryon Emissions (3)
Remata'Klan (4)
Shroud (1)
Total (41)

5th Wing Patrol Ship (22)
Gelnon (3)
Long Range Tachyon Scan (2)
Phased Polaron Beam (5)
Total (32)

4th Division Battleship (36)
Flagship (0)
Sar (1)
Amat'Igan (3)
Omet'Iklan (5)
Dorsal Weapons Array (3)
Total (48)

2nd Division Cruiser (34)
Weyoun (5)
Breen Aide (1)
Antiproton Scan (4)
Total (44)

Hideki Class Attack Fighter (20)
Total (20)

Independent Klingon Flagship - 10
Chief Engineer - 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.