GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,813 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Political games where you take turn playing cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon G
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My latest project is a 2p game where players take turns playing cards (that have influence points and/or special abilities) to gain control over several point scoring centers, sort of like a small-scale, light Twilight Struggle. FWIW, the theme is Henry II vs Thomas Becket (and yes, Henry will probably send his mooks over to kill Becket).

I'm generally aware that there are a lot of games like this out there, but I should look at more of them for ideas. Recommendations of games I should look over?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik R.
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pax Porfiriana seems to be the popular political card game these days.

Also, Battle Line, maybe? As a game by Reiner Knizia, it's more about math than politics or human beings, but it might be a good starting point of inspiration if you're trying to make a confrontational game about playing cards to different spots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Link
United States
Snowmass Village
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
How about Cold War: CIA vs KGB. Political in the sense that its about the cold war, its a card game for 2P vying control for areas. Its a great simple filler game and is completely symmetrical.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
Canada
flag msg tools
You can't fall when you've hit the bottom
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaign Manager 2008

Play cards, control scoring centers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane B

Gatineau
Québec
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1960: the Making of the president: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/27708/1960-making-preside...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lizzie
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
“Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed.” ― G.K. Chesterton
badge
A Hug a Day keeps the Doctor away!
mbmbmbmbmb
Knave wrote:
Campaign Manager 2008

Play cards, control scoring centers

+1
You can play it for free on Yucata.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.