Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
36 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » ACT (Canberra)

Subject: Flash Point Fire Rescue - Call of Duty KS Group Order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
Australian Capital Territory
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice Shakers and Life Takers,

I am picking up the new expansion for Flash Point: Fire Rescue - "Call of Duty".

1st one is $24 delivered to Oz, extras are $17.

1. Lebut DELIVERED
2. Geoff Squire + EXPANSION PAID
3. Paul Bradley (batcut) DELIVERED (TO KON)
4. Kon DELIVERED
5. Adam Douglas COLLECTED
6. Peter McAndrew DELIVERED (VIA RENE)

No minimum, I'm getting it anyway, every extra just makes it cheaper :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Squire
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes please.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you pledged for this already, Dave? The reason I ask is that I pledged for this on Thursday morning and invited Kon to join if he wanted, which he did. I didn't even think to post asking for additional interest. Doh!

If you have, I'll cancel my pledge and jump on yours, as will Kon. Otherwise, I can up my pledge to accommodate you and Geoff, as well as others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance you could combine the pledges with this one in Sydney?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/146671/item/3325633#it...

I've already pledged there as I was planning of grabbing mine from that group buy when I'd be in Sydney for work. I suppose I could be your 'mule' for the ACT contingent. wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ah yeah I have pledged, and also upped it for Geoff's. I will add 2 more in for you guys now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really don't think it's worth all the extra effort. Once you get to about 3 or 4 people there is not much in it. Going from 4 to 5 drops the price 35 cents for example.

wile wrote:
Any chance you could combine the pledges with this one in Sydney?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/146671/item/3325633#it...

I've already pledged there as I was planning of grabbing mine from that group buy when I'd be in Sydney for work. I suppose I could be your 'mule' for the ACT contingent. wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebut wrote:
ah yeah I have pledged, and also upped it for Geoff's. I will add 2 more in for you guys now.

Thanks, Dave. I'll cancel my pledge.

BTW, Kon is MrBaggy here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:
Lebut wrote:

Thanks, Dave. I'll cancel my pledge.

Pledge cancelled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've all done very well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
batcut wrote:

Yep I know Kon, he's a big fan of my eclipse clown ship, aren't you Kon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lebut wrote:
batcut wrote:

Yep I know Kon, he's a big fan of my eclipse clown ship, aren't you Kon?

And I thought we would NEVER mention that debacle again. cry
What happens at Bordercon stays at Bordercon!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Project Update #3: 48 Hours - Pushing the limits, time to get bigger
Posted by Travis

48 hours in, and support has been tremendous. And at this point I'd say that we are at the edge of the originally predicted 3000 copies. Based on past experience, 50-60% of the backers join my recent projects in the first 48 hours. That said I am going to increase the number of Kickstarter Editions made to 4,500. This is see us through to the end of this project and ensure that there are enough copies for Essen supporters as well.

The actual order isn't going in to the factory till Monday - so there is still time to increase that number if more backers come in over the weekend than projected. My goal is to get everyone that wants a copy of this special edition, but I also want to get these to you as soon as possible as I know that no one (especially me!) likes to wait!

Thank you again for your tremendous support! And, If you have a question, and want to get that question answered by me then be sure to "Contact Me" to get an answer >>>>>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Douglas
Australia
Flynn
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you add me to the Canberra pledge? I just saw confirmation that I'm out of the Sydney one, so no double ordering for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha!

Project Update #4: New Name, same Game!
Posted by Travis

As many of you may have just noticed, we changed the name of the expansion. Please note that nothing in the expansion itself has changed!
Why the change? Well lets just say that we got a phone call Friday afternoon. While I don't agree with everything that Activision's lawyers had to say, it was just going to be much easier to make the change.
I can't change the pledge reward levels, but will ask Kickstarter to make that change. If they don't, then we sure that you will get the newly named Honor & Duty expansion, and not anything called Call of Duty.
Thank you again for your tremendous support! And, If you have a question, and want to get that question answered by me then be sure to "Contact Me" to get an answer >>>>>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Project Update #5: Add-Ons - Building your Flash Point collection
Posted by Travis

This year we are trying something new with our kickstarter projects, giving everyone the ability to "add-on" past titles from Indie Boards and Cards to the pledge rewards at great prices.

Why?
Well a couple of reasons - first, shipping costs. For our shipping methods the first item shipped costs the most, and each additional item added can be shipped at a much lower cost. We are happy to pass these reduced shipping costs on to you. The flipside of this, is that add-ons are sent at the same time as your kicsktarter rewards - in this case November 2014. I always get a number of requests to have add-ons sent early, or to have add-ons without getting any rewards - but I can't fulfill those requests, as it wouldn't be an add-on and there wouldn't be a combined shipping savings.

Second, we wanted to reduce the number of pledge levels to make everything easier - for you and us. But we recognize that not everyone supporting us on this project has Flash Point, or all the previous expansions but wants to get those items sent at the same time as their rewards for this project. To ensure that we can get you everything that you wanted, we offer add-ons separately from the kickstarter pledges.

Third, separating add-ons from kickstarter pledges reduces the time between the project ending, and you getting your rewards. If all the kickstarter pledges are for 1 set of rewards and 1 fixed price, we are able to very quickly determine how many copies of that reward we need to make. Comingling the reward and add-ons means we have to wait for survey results to come in before we can start making rewards - delaying rewards by several weeks.

So I hope you see how this new add-on process helps you and helps us. Of course, everyone wants to know how much add-ons cost. And I will share that with you, if you promise not to increase your pledge amount for add-ons.

Add-on Prices
DO NOT INCREASE YOUR KICKSTARTER PLEDGE FOR ADD-ONS.
Add-ons will be made available after the current project ends – links to order page will be sent in
a project update after the project closes.
Prices for each of these add-ons are shown as $X / $Y / $Z. US and Canadian Shipping
addresses will be charged $X for that item. EU addresses will be charged $Y and every else in
the world will be charged $Z.
All add on items will be shipped at the same time as your Honor & Duty rewards and to the same
address.
These special prices are for the retail versions only and do not include promotional items from
past kickstarter projects.
Items not listed are not available as add-ons.
Flash Point: Fire Rescue: $28/$35/$42
Urban Structures or 2nd Story or Dangerous Waters (Flash Point Expansions): $10/$14/$15
Extreme Danger (Flash Point Expansion):$28/$35/$42
Veteran & Rescue Dog (Flash Point Expansion):$8/$10/$10
The Resistance: $14/$19/$21
The Resistance: Avalon: $14/$19/$21
Coup: $12/$16/$17
Coup: Reformation: $10/$14/$15 (Coup Expansion)
Dragon Slayer: $9/$12/$12
Snowdonia:$50/$60/$65
Jungfraubahn & Mt. Washington (Snowdonia Expansion): $10/$14/$15
Haggis: $10/$14/$15
DO NOT INCREASE YOUR KICKSTARTER PLEDGE FOR ADD-ONS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loc .
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The question I have for you all is:

How does this compare against pandemic?

Go!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter McAndrew
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like the sixth spot please.

Ailinoro wrote:
The question I have for you all is:

How does this compare against pandemic?

Go!

The games I've played have seemed easier than Pandemic, but there's a lot more variety available in this one. I haven't had a chance to play any of the expansion maps though, since I've mostly been playing with first-timers and they've insisted on playing the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and pledge updated for 6 places
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How much do we each owe you, Dave and when/how do you want it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a confession....I stuffed it up which is why I haven't posted a final amount yet. I got confused between the 2 indie board and cards Kickstarters I'm coordinating and thought I'd pledged for 6 on this one but it was the other one.

Luckily I had already upped it to 4. Obviously the first thing I'll be doing is giving up my copy which will leave us just one short out of the 6.

I contacted the KS creator on the 4th to plead for 2 extra copies and pay via paypal but I haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping they are just busy with Gencon prep and have't got to my message yet.

I'll keep you all posted obviously and I am still hopeful that they will be happy to take some extra $ to add 2 more. If anyone has changed their mind then obviously that would be serendipitous too. If the worse case scenario happens I'll be giving up my copy and working on a first come first serve basis which means the only person I will be screwing is Peter. This is bad enough, but it's made worse by the fact that Peter just delivered the Kingdom Builder Big Boox KS to me this week! I am really banking on the theory that they will be more than happy to take extra money from me.

I have quadruple checked the other Indie Board and Cards KS and I have indeed pledged for 7 copies. Though I am feeling a little gun shy about organising KS groups now and I'm feeling incredibly crumby stuffing it up for folks (well for Peter basically). I will continue to anxiously watch my email for a response.

I'm very, very sorry Peter! But I am still holding out hope that it will all resolve happily. Please forgive me if it doesn't...

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PROBLEM SOLVED!

I sent an even more pleading email directly to Travis at Indie Boards and Cards last night (in addition to the pleading message via Kickstarter) and he took pity on me and replied this morning telling me it was on his to-do list to sort it out when he gets back from GenCon.

I can now face you all at GLOG today (but I won't be hanging around to save you from my flu). I suspect I will just be buying everything they ever make now out of an overwhelming sense of gratitude. It has really been worrying me.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see it worked out, Dave. Thanks for running this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Everyone,
Travis from lone Oak Games just sent me the paypal link for the missing 2 copies so I have the final damage now. A nice even AU$120.60 which makes it $20.10 a piece. Thanks for your patience with me while I sorted this out.

I'll send out some geekmails tonight with banking details.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave, still waiting for a geekmail to pay you for this, as well as One Zero One.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Binny
Australia
Wanniassa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah sorry! when I said "tonight" what I obviously meant was "when I realise I am broke and need a cash injection!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.