Dentschl
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there everyone!

I wonder if there is a problem with Boardgamegeek itself, with the GeekMod process - or maybe I did something wrong?

About over a week ago, I added the 2014 version of Libellud's "Dixit: Odyssey", but since that it has got neither declined nor approved.

… or should I maybe just try it again?

Thanks for your help!

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Board game versions are approved by the admins, and it can sometimes take a while. (I have submitted many myself.)

(You see pending versions from MyGeek -> Profile -> Contributions.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dentschl
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I see!

Thanks a lot for the fast reply!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
There's indeed a bit of a backlog at present. I've seen some recent movement on new versions I submitted about 3-4 weeks ago, but it's still slow going (I have another 22 in the queue). Don't worry, they'll get there!

Btw, to give you a bit more of an overview, here's the entire list of pending versions. I imagine that as minimal due diligence for each version, the responsible admin will need to check that it doesn't exist yet (compare on year / language), will need to find some corroborating evidence of its existence if that wasn't provided by the submitted (cover photo, mention in catalogues, etc), and will need to check that the entry doesn't contain typos in names, and is self-consistent (I once submitted a version with nickname "German edition" but mis-clicked the language without noticing - they caught that).
Do that times four pages of pending versions, and you can see why it's not a swift process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dentschl
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the insight!

Now it is reasonable for me that it takes quite a while

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
We always have time for the things we put first.
mbmbmbmbmb
a_traveler wrote:
I imagine that as minimal due diligence for each version, the responsible admin will need to check that it doesn't exist yet (compare on year / language)...

Yes, this is part of the process. Perhaps the thing that takes the most time is people not following the guidelines for the nickname.

Here are the ones that are missed the most:

Quote:
Nickname Conventions

The name of the game should not be re-iterated in the version nickname.

If it is necessary to include publisher, numbering, language, and/or year in a nickname entry, order them:

Publisher, Language, Numbering, Other identifying information, "edition", Year.

When naming an edition by number, use words instead of numbers (e.g. First edition, not 1st edition).

I have also sent back a few recently which were not linked to the corresponding image in the gallery. It's much faster, easier, and smoother for an image to be linked to a pending version, both so that I have something to reference, and so that I don't worry it's going to stay image-less (which can lead to unnecessary duplicates later, as users can't be sure if it's the same or not).

Following the guidelines makes a big difference in how quickly the pending versions can be processed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dentschl
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Indigopotter!

Maybe I will add the picture of it as you suggested. At first, I thought it would be better the other way round …

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.