Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy,

So I would like to get just one expansion to this game to add a 5th or 6th player so this can hit the table more often.

After looking through the many expansions I cannot really figure out a way to discriminate against them and make an informed decision!

Are there some opinions out there as to which one is best? If I had to put some sort of stipulation on top of adding players I would say I would like to change the essence of the game as little as possible.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lock
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nomads is the expansion that adds the pieces for another player. There is only one other expansion, Crossroads.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingdom Builder: Nomads comes with pieces for a 5th player so that is the one you need. The game currently does not support more than 5 players. A future expansion may change that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rudram
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mlock wrote:
Nomads is the expansion that adds the pieces for another player. There is only one other expansion, Crossroads.

Nomads is worth getting. I am not sure Crossroads is... adds to many pieces and an extra scoing system which is unnecessary, in my opinion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsday wrote:
Nomads is worth getting. I am not sure Crossroads is... adds to many pieces and an extra scoing system which is unnecessary, in my opinion.

That was my opinion before I got Crossroads, but I like Crossroads pretty well. The extra pieces are location-dependent, and actually a more delicate adjustment than the wall stones in Nomads.

Nomads is, in any case, the only expansion to add to the player count.

To add a 6th player on top of Nomads' 5th would take more than 40 green houses, I think. I'd say use 6 board pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.