Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So this game has a lot of things going for it, however value of giving a game long term value of being replayable is not one of them. I only wish the developer had come out with mission modules/maps for a changing mission when a player wanted too. Owners of the game, what are your thoughts? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola S
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Rich,

I bought the game more than one year ago.

I will try to summarize why, in my opinion, you should buy it (in no particular order except that dictated by my mind):

- Components are outright gorgeous. Thick counters, rulebook printed in full color, map printed on heavy paper and quite large

- The game is fun and very tough. My own experience is that after some 10 plays I have so far never managed to win (though one could also argue I am very dumb...). I have also returned to play it from time to time because it is a game that does not require an awful lot to set-up and the rules are pretty straightforward (hence easy to remember) and you can play it within 4-6 hours (so it is perfect for a rainy dull afternoon). In some ways it feels like a video game because of the immersion it delivers and yet the ease to play.

- There already is a new scenario devised by a fan of the game with the support of the designer in this very forum:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/911858/strike-sword-mini...
It is playable as it is, but it is still a work in progress.

- Nuts! publishing sends you the game anywhere in the world for 39.5€. That is a pretty good deal to me considering that for a comparable price I can almost only get a magazine game in Italy, e.g. S&T, WaW, MW, AtO...and none comes with a dice
Also, if you are careful and monitor the publisher's forum on CSW, you can snag it for as low as 29€ at certain times of the year (typically before the summer or just before Christmas). As an example, the last such offer ended July 14th.

HTH
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Hey, you're touching my face...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd echo Nicola. Great game. There are different ways you can approach the objective and you'll likely fail several times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Belgium
De Panne
Bachten de Kupe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Nicola's statement!

joestin wrote:
There are different ways you can approach the objective and you'll likely fail almost every time.
fixed that for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
O B
United States
Mountainview
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game and played it only once. Yet I don't regret the purchase at all.

For a solo game it was tense and really gave me a strong sense of narrative. I may play it one more to see if I can get a proper victory ... I fell short by "this much". :-)

However even if I never play it again it was such a well made game with such a great and refreshing system that I'm glad I did buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
I've played 3 times. Got my moneys worth. Not selling it as I think it offers insights other titles dont. I also believe that a on again off again project for combat in Afghanistan is or was under weigh. If you get 3-5 plays out of it is that enough to warrant a purchase for yourself?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laurent Closier
France
SAINT-BRIEUC
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks a lot for all your comments .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich M
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you all talked me into it. I bought it. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Freda
United States
Indiana
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with all of the above recommendations. You won't be sorry when you get it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.