Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Albright
United States
WHITEHALL
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles. - The Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
Found a copy of this game in the Philadelphia area (Games Keep in West Chester). Picked it up upon recommendation from the shop owner and some other gamers. Now that I read about the game, I'm surprised they had one available and it was less than $100....!! Pretty fun to play as well and have been enjoying it each time we play it with friends...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats on finding a copy! It is a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_albright wrote:
Found a copy of this game in the Philadelphia area (Games Keep in West Chester). Picked it up upon recommendation from the shop owner. Now that I read about the game, I'm surprised they had one available and it was less than $100....!! Pretty fun to play as well and have been enjoying it each time we play it with friends...

Hey, I talked you into it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Albright
United States
WHITEHALL
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
The universe is big. It’s vast and complicated and ridiculous. And sometimes, very rarely, impossible things just happen and we call them miracles. - The Doctor
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
bob_albright wrote:
Found a copy of this game in the Philadelphia area (Games Keep in West Chester). Picked it up upon recommendation from the shop owner. Now that I read about the game, I'm surprised they had one available and it was less than $100....!! Pretty fun to play as well and have been enjoying it each time we play it with friends...

Are you the store owner or the other guy that was there talking about the game? Either way thanks for the recommendation!!! It's been fun and I think it was definitely a better choice than Formula D based on the people I play games with.

Only negatives I had so far were that I got 2 black sleds instead of a brown sled, but a quick paint job fixed that. The trees are sort of nice, but they keep "shedding" so I'm debating replacing them with wooden "meeple" type trees...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I just store mine in a plastic bin. It wears the trees less than the bag did, and is very easy to clean out.

Even with lots and lots and lots of shedding the trees still look great - and its not like they shed much in the middle of a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_albright wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
bob_albright wrote:

Are you the store owner or the other guy that was there talking about the game? Either way thanks for the recommendation!!! It's been fun and I think it was definitely a better choice than Formula D based on the people I play games with.

Only negatives I had so far were that I got 2 black sleds instead of a brown sled, but a quick paint job fixed that. The trees are sort of nice, but they keep "shedding" so I'm debating replacing them with wooden "meeple" type trees...

I am the other guy. the store owner is
Karl Kemmerer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

The other snow tails has wooden trees our trees definitely did a lot of shedding, but they look pretty nice. Shedding makes it more real somehow.

I think you bought roborally as well, what did you think of that one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw that sitting there last week and was very tempted to pick it up.
Great game, enjoy it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Albright
United States
WHITEHALL
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Karl Kemmerer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

The other snow tails has wooden trees our trees definitely did a lot of shedding, but they look pretty nice. Shedding makes it more real somehow.

Love it a lot as well. Was a lot more chaotic than I first anticipated, but that made it a lot of fun. I just finished painting the 8 robots this week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cwhitpan wrote:
Great game, enjoy it!

Earlier that night I went to Karl and said he is undercharging too much for the game. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
cwhitpan wrote:
Great game, enjoy it!

Earlier that night I went to Karl and said he is undercharging too much for the game. devil

He does that a lot to treat all of his games the same. He could have totally jacked Caverna and Terra Mystica earlier this year but wouldn't do it. Why I will always go there is his integrity, bar none.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Albright
United States
WHITEHALL
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
cwhitpan wrote:
Great game, enjoy it!

I'm not complaining!!! whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bob_albright wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
Karl Kemmerer
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Love it a lot as well. Was a lot more chaotic than I first anticipated, but that made it a lot of fun. I just finished painting the 8 robots this week

I bought a copy just t paint those guys. Haven't played it since because it is a rather polaraizing game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Chipman
United States
Zephyrhills
Florida
flag msg tools
i didn't realize this was hard to find... if anyone else is still looking, game surplus appears to still have 8 copies in stock... $70 with free shipping

http://www.gamesurplus.com/product_info.php?products_id=3092

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.