Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Elitist!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there,

will Ancient World be available at Essen 2014?

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it will be available in English and German version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DerDiplomat wrote:
And French, hopefully!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Elitist!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DerDiplomat wrote:

thanks, will there be a pre-order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christine Mertens
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news seems to be an interesting game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that ENGLISH, FRENCH and GERMAN versions will be available in time for ESSEN.
Also, Schwerkraft-Verlag will offer the ENGLISH and GERMAN version as preorders for pick-up at our booth. I will follow-up with more details in August.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Elitist!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
any news regarding preorders for Essen pickup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Elitist!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok pre orders are up...

http://www.schwerkraft-verlag.de/shop/die-welten-von-ryan-la...

German Edition - 36€ with two promo cards
English Edition - 40€

So no discount for the English edition and no promo cards...

Oh well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Masoud Tabatabaei
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the game language dependent? I couldn't find this info on the page of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Elitist!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
masoudtab wrote:
Is the game language dependent? I couldn't find this info on the page of the game.

If you look at the images in the gallery you'll see that the cards and the game board have some writing... i don't know if that is going to be changed according to the edition...

I would also like to know why only German language pre orders get the 2 promo cards...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is language dependent due to the text on the cards and player board.
The game board is language independent in all versions. The images of the game board at BGG are not showing the final version.

The 2 promo cards are language dependent. I will check IF we can also offer the English version promo cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will Schwerkraft provide a pdf of the German rules for those of us who purchased the English edition as KS backers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Valerio
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Elitist!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DerDiplomat wrote:

The 2 promo cards are language dependent. I will check IF we can also offer the English version promo cards.

Thanks for the info... that would be great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the game be shipped before Essen for people who backed the german Schwerkraft edition at kickstarter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
magneheeli wrote:
Will Schwerkraft provide a pdf of the German rules for those of us who purchased the English edition as KS backers?

I should add that I'm an emigrated German. I couldn't choose the German pledge level as I don't have a German address.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that all English versions will get both promo cards as well. At our booth in Essen or via direct order from our shop. Thanks to Ryan.

We will ship all KS orders as soon as possible. There is no strategy involved from our side like holding them back until after Essen. But it might be a close call.

@Manuel
I think we didnt plan for your case. There is still time to change your version. We can send you a German copy. Just send a request via KS. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
DerDiplomat wrote:

We will ship all KS orders as soon as possible. There is no strategy involvoled from our side like holding them back until after Essen. But it might be a close call.

Fantastic

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Ingeland
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DerDiplomat wrote:
I can confirm that all English versions will get both promo cards as well. At our booth in Essen or via direct order from our shop. Thanks to Ryan.

We will ship all KS orders as soon as possible. There is no strategy involved from our side like holding them back until after Essen. But it might be a close call.

@Manuel
I think we didnt plan for your case. There is still time to change your version. We can send you a German copy. Just send a request via KS. Thanks.

Thanks!
That's what I did...got no response soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Manuel, Send me a PM with your KS name and I will take care for it on my side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the stretch goals from the kickstarter also included in this pre order version (additional dice, more cards) or were they exclusive?

If there are no real incentives for ks-backers i have to say:

Sad to see the 2nd Kickstarter project, that is (although only slightly) cheaper on preorder than on the kickstarter itself. :-( And please don't tell me that there would not be any of those games if KS did not succeed. In my opinion i can pass on games i don't know of and nobody gets. i just feel a bit sad on cases like this one. Still forget it if there are ks-exclusives...

I just quote from another guy on another KS game here:

Quote:
without us backers on KS or whereever else there would be no game made, if the creators didn't have enough money to put it in or found other financial resources.
So all those backers that give their money in advance to help make a creators / publishers dream come true, should somehow be acknowledged for this, whether by buying it cheaper, getting some exclusives, getting their copy way in advance,...,and this is not at all the case in this particular case as far as I see (in case I miss something, please proof me wrong).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jan,

First of all I do not get your point: As a pre-orderer I also have to pay my money in advance. Based on that I do not really understand the difference between KS and pre-orderer, beside the different naming and the deadline of payment.

The second point is: Is the game better for you, when you know, that you have more things than others?!
I will never understand that attitude, since the game (for you) stays absolutely the same. The only point is, that you think, that you have something, that others do not have....which is ridiculous in my point of view.

The third point: Nowhere in the KS campaign is written, that special rewards are KS exclusive. If you will get the 2 additional dice -based on the $30k pledge level, I hope that you will get those 2 dice, if you feel better afterwards.

The fourth point: pre-ordering costs 36 Euro...KS 38 Euro, which is not a big deal...don`t you think?!

I´m participating in a lot of KS, and I can ensure you that I never had such a kind of thinking. In all of the cases the rewards were clearly stated as KS exclusive and if this was not the case it was clear that the reward will be included in the base retail game.
The only (!) thing that makes me angry is, when KS backers or pre-orderers are getting their game delayed compared to "usual" buyers at the fair (as it was the case for certain Martin Wallace games or Fallen City of Karez)....but this is -as far as I know- not the case here, isn`t it?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
M.S. thanks for your thoughts, we may think different then in a few ways.

your 3rd point is totally obsolete. I never stated it is exclusive.. i am only asking if it is.

your fourth point isn't that much new either. i stated that it is a small amount.. but i just can't get it why it is that way. for sake of the backers it should be at least the same... or someday many people think why back i can buy later if others support it. if not ok i am fine with that - maybe it finds a way someday. And i think that is not what they want.

look at a lot of other ks campaigns.. they all find a way (cheaper pricing - i.e. ludicreations & stonemaier campaigns), special ks incentives (i.e. nautilus industries) etc.

Your first point is wrong too: Preorder and KS is totally different - as a preorderer a game is normally guaranteed to be printed and you pay for what you get. KS is an investment that may fail (and did thank god only once for me) and you may get nothing. That won't happen to a preorder normally because the game is already in full production which isn't the case for almost all KS projects. So there are quite a few differences here.

And don't read to much of any 2 dice or some cards.. it is just that if i spend my earned money on an idea there should be some benefit on that no matter what it is - i stated more than just 2 dice above. i invest in a person or company that else would maybe never make that game.. so yes there should be something with it (and if only i get it in advance of people who didn't supported the idea when it was only on paper (or screens).
i really backed a lot of campaigns like you (200+) - from different categories (products, design, etc.) and normally the incentive is cheaper pricing than in retail. and i have to admit that this is the most interesting part for me. save money on a good idea i like.

So these are just my 2 cents and is just my opinion. You may think different as stated in the first sentence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jan,

Thanks for your feedback. Please allow me some additional comments:

Intersting idea, that my first point is wrong.
Please talk to the people, that preordered several years ago "Huang di" or "Alien Ascendancy". I also did this and I can ensure you: I haven`t received any game.
As you know, Kickstarter is a plattform to collect money for a project. If this project will be realized in parallel (like with all the Queen Games Kickstarters) doesn`t matter.
Often exactly this is also the case for preodering. Not always but sometimes you have to send money to somebody for a project that is planned in the future (like e.g. "Alien Ascendency", the next 3 treefrog games etc.). So the money might be gone if this project never will be realized. It´s a matter of trust to send money for something prior to it`s production status. I`ve also preordered Historia (in parallel there was a KS campagne) and I´ve also preordered "Fleet Commander Nimitz", for which the money was taken and production starter later on.
All of these cases where "preorders" and not KS.

So KS is just a name for a platform in order to collect money for something.

Mottchen wrote:

And don't read to much of any 2 dice or some cards.. it is just that if i spend my earned money on an idea there should be some benefit on that no matter what it is -

Ideally you get the game, that is being realized with your money, either from KS campagne, preordering or startnext etc..
...but I see it also realistically, since several projects are also realized without finishing sucessfully in the KS campagne (e.g. pay dirt) or even other project are realized in parallel (like with the Queen Games games).
But again, ideally the game is realized based on the funding and the reward is the game itself. If there are additional addons...it`s great. But I never compare my game to another game of somebody who bought this game later on online.
The only thing that gets me angry is when you back a project and you have to pay more than the later retail price (Fallen City of Karez) or it`s been delayed, meaing buyers get it from online stores before KS do so(Fallen City of Karrez). That makes me angry but all the other stuff...I do not care.
Mottchen wrote:

so yes there should be something with it (and if only i get it in advance of people who didn't supported the idea when it was only on paper (or screens).

As I stated above: Ideally you get the game BUT this does not guarantee that the game will not be realized if the campagne fails (e.g. "Pay Dirt" OR I never would have thought that "Dark, Darker, Darkest" would not have been realized whithout a successfull KS campagne...the same for "Amerigo", the "Escape Big Box" etc.). But if you won`t to go for sure and belive in a game....back it, since you`ll never know if the game won`t be realized if the backing plattform fails to collect the necessary money...you`ll never know.

I agree with you: Backers (KS, preorderers, startnext etc.) should have a benefit for their money since they take the risk of the money is gone and in the worst case you won`t get your money back.
That`s why you often have special time lines and special prices. At the Schwerkraft Verlag the game is listed for 45 Euro. You`ve payed 38. That`s an advantage, isn`t it?! (Ok, you`ll never know the retail prices in the near future, but for the moment it`s an advantage ).

Finally: I´ve preordered at DVG, JK&LM, Treefrog etc. and I can ensure you that you have to pay in advance, which doesn`t make any difference to the KS plattform. That`s why I do not draw a line between KS and pre-orderers, although "preordering" often means "ordering whithout paying the money and paying the money in exchange for the game later on" as well.

Regards
Mario
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mario,

i think we are "almost" on the same wave with just a few differences. Don't get me wrong, i like backing games. And yes i have no problem if someone else later runs with the "big boss figure" that i got as incentive from a campaign. But in my opinion it should be honored a bit like i.e. i get that figure with my ks-pledge and others have to order it trhough bgg later on as it is done with a lot of stuff. i don't want it to be always exclusive.. just the small incentive for my early support.

And by the way: Pay Dirt was a successful campaign (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crashgames/pay-dirt-des...). i think you mean another game, do you? Queen games is the biggest of the companies that use KS not as intended in my opinion.. so more words on that needed
i.e. Pay Dirt has that incentive. Backers get the mini exp. for free and now you can order them for $5 each through their preorder. That's what makes me feel not used but happy to have backed the game and get a small incentive. Again: I don't need a real exclusive.

And i think your preorder examples for huang hi etc. are far more rare than on KS. Most Preorder make it in production or are already there. KS is the other way around (except QG and a few more).
Of course there are also different payment times on preorders..like you stated. I of course prefer the latter (pay when it is sent). But we can't decide how it goes if we want it.

You're right with that "envy" ascpect. It is there for sure, but only when i support something that would else not have happened and others get it even cheaper just because i was one the guys who did make it happen. I think that is a wrong way. I feel a little bit used if something like that happens. That's my feeling about it. I have to pickup 9 games in essen all backed through crowdfunding. Most of them don't let me feel "used" or "envy". But 1 or 2 just feel like not doing the right thing to the backers with some of their decisions.
Again most KS do it through cheaper pricing than retail or preorder later. That is always fine for me too. An example is Peak Design. Their campaigns always offer the products a bit cheaper than in stores later. Of course there will be sales later where it may be even cheaper. It doesn't matter to me then. I already have and used it then - hopefully :-)

But i think too much written again. We aren't that far from each other i think See you in Essen and let's talk native ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Germany
Illerkirchberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jan
Mottchen wrote:

And by the way: Pay Dirt was a successful campaign (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crashgames/pay-dirt-des...). i think you mean another game, do you?

Hmmm....don`t ask me about that cool
I could have bet everything that I´ve saw this game as "not funded". Anyhow: My fault, sorry

Mottchen wrote:

But i think too much written again. We aren't that far from each other i think See you in Essen and let's talk native ;-)

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.