Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
rulebook wrote:
If Rochefort loses at least one life point, he flees and Milady returns her figurine to her quarters (but she may not draw a Paris card at the end of the turn).

I thought Milady could only draw a new Paris card if she was in Milady's Quarters. If this is the case how can Rochefort lose a battle, as the Musketeers aren't allowed there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom cap
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you pick Milady's location there's 3 places where Rochefort can fight Musketeers:
Paris, Le Louvre and the Main Quest.
In this case, if he gets injured, Rochefort flees to Milady's personnal quarters but she can't pick a card in this situation.

If Milady selects her personnal quarters as her location for the turn then she can pick a new Paris Card.

Side note: In La Rochelle or at Richelieu's, Rochefort doesn't intervene.

I hope this makes sense and helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
tomfromparis wrote:
If Milady selects her personnal quarters as her location for the turn then she can pick a new Paris Card.

[u]Yeah thanks for the help. However, the rulebook is saying, when Milady is in her personal quarters this round, she can no longer draw a Paris card (at the end) if Rochefort is injured during this turn.

How can Rochefort be injured this round, if Milady is in her Quarters (which the Musketeers may never enter)? I thought Rochefort could only intervene if Milady was in the same location as the Musketeers ie., Quest, Paris, Le Louvre?!?!?!

Ah I see! Milady flees to her Quarters if Rochefort is injured, I've been removing her from the board. When she flees to her quarters she can't draw a Paris card. However she would if she chose the location using a card!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom cap
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I guess it means that if Milady's in her Quarters because Rochefort is hurt she can't pick a card.

If she picked this location for the turn, Rochefort can't be hurt because there won't be any encounter with the musketeers this turn.

You're right:
"Rochefort can only intervene if Milady is in the same location as the Musketeers ie., Quest, Paris, Le Louvre."

edit: arf, you edited while I was answering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombiegod wrote:
Ah I see! Milady flees to her Quarters if Rochefort is injured, I've been removing her from the board.

You're probably better off removing her from the board. I can't think of any benefit of moving her to her quarters when Rochefort is injured; all it seems to do is cause confusion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.