Popular Tags: [View All]
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this episode, we discuss many games that at least one of us is anticipating the release of within the last half of 2014. Along the way we’ll run across our top 10 most anticipated games!

We have a lot to cover – 42 games – so, this is part one of two. In two weeks, we’ll release part 2.

2014 Summer Preview

0:04:55 – 18XX
0:05:52 – Alchemist
0:09:45 – AquaSphere
0:14:35 – Arkwright
0:08:03 – Arler Erde
0:22:52 – Battle of the 5 Armies
0:26:22 – Blocks in Afrika
0:29:57 – Captains of Industry
0:35:13 – Castles of Mad King Ludwig
0:39:09 – City Hall
0:42:41 – Craftsmen
0:46:48 – Dead of Winter
0:50:52 – Deus
0:53:53 – Doomtown: Reloaded
0:58:31 – Evolution
1:03:55 – Fire in the Lake
1:09:34 – Five Tribes
1:12:35 – Greenland
1:15:22 – Hands in the Sea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good list. I'm particularly interested in:

AquaSphere
I'm always interested in Feld games and hope this is a good one. Some of the games in the recent crop from Feld have been hits (Bora Bora, Bruges, )and some have been misses (Rialto, Amerigo).

Castles of Mad King Ludwig
Auction/bidding, tile building, and historical German theme. Sign me up.

City Hall
I sat through a demo of this at BGG.CON a couple of years ago and it looked good. I definitely want to try it.

Craftsmen
I knew nothing of this until listening to your podcast and now I want to try this one.

Hands in the Sea
Another one I learned about from your podcast and had the chance to check it out at Conclave of Gamers in Denver recently and moved it into my plan to try/buy list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Kevin!

Just a couple of notes that you may be interested in:

Aquasphere is up on kickstarter now (just search for it)...but it ends in less than 2 days!

The backers of City Hall just got a message from TMG that it should be shipping out @ August 8th. Looking forward to this as well!

Craftsmen...yeah I got turned onto it by some geekbuddies and it definitely piqued my interest too. It's definitely a PITA to get ahold of though.

Hands in the Sea...we just met the designer, Daniel Berger, this past weekend and uploaded our interview with him last night. Let us know what you think! The game, from what little we were able to play, is going to be fantastic!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith McNeil
United States
Watertown
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:

Craftsmen...yeah I got turned onto it by some geekbuddies and it definitely piqued my interest too. It's definitely a PITA to get ahold of though.

Hands in the Sea...we just met the designer, Daniel Berger, this past weekend and uploaded our interview with him last night. Let us know what you think! The game, from what little we were able to play, is going to be fantastic!

Craftsmen is currently in stock at Noble Knight, and Gamesurplus has occasionally had it (though not right now).

Hands in the Sea I believe he's said will be a Nov/Dec Kickstarter with release hopefully late spring 2015.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin in Kansas wrote:

AquaSphere
I'm always interested in Feld games and hope this is a good one. Some of the games in the recent crop from Feld have been hits (Bora Bora, Bruges, )and some have been misses (Rialto, Amerigo).

Those first 2 in your list are the 2 I am most interested in as well.

L
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fleefrank22001 wrote:
Kevin in Kansas wrote:

AquaSphere

Those first 2 in your list are the 2 I am most interested in as well.

L

Those 2 off the first half of our list or in general? Part 2 is next week, I-Z!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Lee may have been referring to Aquasphere and Castles of Mad King Ludwig from my list of your list.

Two more games on my radar after listening to the podcast a second time. Yes, I did listen a second time. I find I miss a lot of stuff in podcasts since I'm usually doing something else that distracts me.

Fields of Arle

I really like Uwe's games and I had never heard this one mentioned before. It looks like an Essen release. There's also a German language video on the game page that shows the components and gameplay. Where's the buzz? Is Caverna sucking it all up still?

Arkwright

Another I had never heard of previously. This sounds like a solid economic game with a late 18th century industrial England theme and trading with the East India Company - I'm interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Frank
United States
Bloomfield
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin in Kansas wrote:
I think Lee may have been referring to Aquasphere and Castles of Mad King Ludwig from my list of your list.

That is correct sir!

L
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Uhler
United States
Commerce City
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you fellas checked out part 2 yet?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1214681/heavy-cardboard-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eapeas wrote:

Just listened in. Great job once again. I'll post over there on my thoughts for this group of games.

How can I listen to hours of podcasts, but given a 10 minute video I just shut it down and hit fast forward?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.