Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Snyder
United States
Cockeysville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The British need to move an air unit to Egypt to counter Italian air there. Am incorrect that I activate the air unit, with a convoy, and move 10 maps to the destination (a map box, as I recall)? The convoy in this case ends it's movement with the air unit in the destination hex, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tremblay
United States
Alton Bay
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the air unit needs to start in the same hex as the convoy unit, i.e. you can't activate the fighter and move it to the hex the convoy is in and then move the air unit across the ocean using the convoy in the same activation. The convoy has a movement of 10 and yes you can use Sea Zones or the map boxes instead if you wish.

Using Sea Zones will give the Italians a chance to intercept your convoy, using the map boxes they can't.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember that an air unit so transported by a convoy adds 1 sortie to its total, unless it already accumulated sorties due to the convoy being successfully interdicted (6.4.4).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Snyder
United States
Cockeysville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.