Subject: Gunning for top scores... variant for a Hall of Fame Ripper rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the ultimate Jack challenge, how about continuing on with more nights until caught and keeping a top score in the group.

End Game Score = (# of full nights not caught) * (# of moved spaces on successful nights)

This rewards getting to more nights AND not make quick kills that get you home very quick.

Any movement on a night caught does not count to the score, only full successful nights count.

Carriages and Alley tokens reduce in similar pattern (N1: 3C+2A, N2: 2C+2A, N3: 2C+1A, N4: 1C+1A, N5: 1C, N6+: None)

Wretched need to respawn back in an increasing then decreasing manner, I'd suggest going through the nights in reverse order when you reach Night 4 and then back the usual way again. IF you get as far as Night 10 start removing blank women tokens to make it harder:

Night 5: 3 wretched, 6 woman tokens, 2 murders
Night 6: 4 wretched, 7 woman tokens, 1 murder
Night 7: 5 wretched, 8 woman tokens, 1 murder
Night 8: 4 wretched, 7 woman tokens, 1 murder
Night 9: 3 wretched, 6 woman tokens, 2 murders
Night 10: 1 wretched, 4 woman tokens, 1 murder
Night 11: 1 wretched, 3 woman tokens, 1 murder
Night 12: 1 wretched, 2 woman tokens, 1 murder
Night 13+: 1 wretched, 1 woman token, 1 murder (woman token actually superfluous at this point)

Difficulty keeps increasing for Jack until it's virtually impossible...

I will try this out next time I complete night 4 with Jack, I think most players enjoy hunting Jack down and want the satisfaction of finally finding the hideout!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Halbower
United States
Muskegon
Michigan
flag msg tools
The Gaming Annex in Muskegon
badge
The Muskegon Area Gamers
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a very interesting idea. I fear, however, that against mildly competent investigators, Jack would get caught on night 5 virtually every time. Jack would never make it to night 6 unless the investigators are asleep at the wheel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gutripper
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most likely! However if you do have a blinder of a game (which I sort of did yesterday) you think I could have managed a few more nights potentially rather than just having an easy 4th night to finish it off. Would have been more of a challenge to see how long you can continue to throw off the investigators

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.