Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun
United States
WOODLAND HILLS
California (CA)
flag msg tools
Hello All,

I'm sure this question has been asked to death, so please feel free to direct me to another forum or thread.

What is the scale for the vehicle minis for Memoir 44'? I would like to expand my Tank Destroyers with actual minis of vehicles such as the StuG III, Jagdpanthers and M10's/M18's.

The pre-painted A&A minis from Base Set I look a little too big for M44. But I was looking at Pendraken brand metal minis. Does anyone think these are good scale or is A&A Set I as close and easiest to get for these?

Thanks in advance!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crimso wrote:
Hello All,

I'm sure this question has been asked to death, so please feel free to direct me to another forum or thread.

What is the scale for the vehicle minis for Memoir 44'? I would like to expand my Tank Destroyers with actual minis of vehicles such as the StuG III, Jagdpanthers and M10's/M18's.

The pre-painted A&A minis from Base Set I look a little too big for M44. But I was looking at Pendraken brand metal minis. Does anyone think these are good scale or is A&A Set I as close and easiest to get for these?

Thanks in advance!!

I've used replacements from the A&A range, especially for the artillery units. I wouldn't worry too much about the scale because the scale between infantry and armour is a terrible mismatch in M44 anyway
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Infantry are 1/72
Armor are 1/144
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1483550/memoir-44-equipment-p...

The Last Square has Perrin

http://www.lastsquare.com/zen-cart/index.php?main_page=index...

The War Store has Pendraken

http://www.thewarstore.com/Pendraken10mmWWII.html

Size:
Perrin are spot on.
Pendraken are a little bigger, but unless parking the same AFV side to side they are quite usable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sacha cauvin
France
rouen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Axis & Allies Miniatures works well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
WOODLAND HILLS
California (CA)
flag msg tools
Thanks to all you guys! I think I will go with Perrin as it's still cheaper than Set I A&A minis and is better to scale for vehicles!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pisqueeter wrote:
Infantry are 1/72
Armor are 1/144

Armor in Memoir '44 is smaller, at least 1/200
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
WOODLAND HILLS
California (CA)
flag msg tools
Is Tide of Iron: Normandy minis a good match?? not saying I would buy an expansion for some minis...or would I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ToI minis looks great but is slightly bigger than Memoir '44 minis.
But you could use them, absolutely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Garcia
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
WOODLAND HILLS
California (CA)
flag msg tools
Okay...so Perrin is a close to vehicle scale to M44 as it gets, period. I just am looking for a line or set of minis that A.) Match Scale and B.) have Tank Destroyers for GE and USA.

The elephant/Ferdinand used in the equipment pack I'm pretty sure only 50 of those were ever MADE during WW2, let alone USED in combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun
United States
WOODLAND HILLS
California (CA)
flag msg tools
Exactly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perrin has some great WWII molds... unfortunately the variety has not been increased in years.

I have many of their minis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackwatch wrote:
I believe nearly 90 were built around 1943 and committed to combat initially at Kursk, afterwhich losses mostly from mechanical breakdown and abandonment due to inadequate means of recovery saw their numbers steadily dwindle. A few were still in action in 1945. As I understand, they most served on the Eastern front and a few were diverted to Italy.

From 1944 they were upgraded and renamed Elefant and produced in larger numbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.