Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » General

Subject: Paizo errata deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paizo seems to be getting close to releasing an errata deck. They've also announced it will be available as a PDF.

Indication they are close to finishing it:
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q6el&page=6?Updated-cards-what-...

PDF Info:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Horton
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The timing is perfect since I finished printing, cutting out, and inserting your awesome card errata for the entire adventure path just last night. shake

Regardless, this is good news and I am glad to see they are willing to do it. I will probably buy an errata deck if it becomes a reality. I was already planning on getting Skull & Shackles and Paizo doing things like this make me happy to continue to support them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for starting this thread to help us keep track of this. I have a hard time following the Piazo board. Can you even subscribe to a thread over there?

However, an even bigger thank you for maintaining the card errata files. I'll bet that yours will be more complete than the official Piazzo errata. As a sleever, I will probably just stick with your files anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Per this post...

Quote:
The PDF will be here, and the cards will be purchasable at DriveThru. At this point, I think it's likely that the card PDF will be up before Gen Con, but the DriveThru version is iffy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
Per this post...

Quote:
The PDF will be here, and the cards will be purchasable at DriveThru. At this point, I think it's likely that the card PDF will be up before Gen Con, but the DriveThru version is iffy

What the heck is "DriveThru"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mccrispy wrote:

Online site, "The Largest RPG Download Store".
DriveThruRPG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

Online site, "The Largest RPG Download Store".
DriveThruRPG
Ah, it was referenced as though I should know this. On RPGGeek, sure, but this is BGG. Geeks sure are bad at assuming that everyone is 'in'! I thank you for the information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
Ah, it was referenced as though I should know this. On RPGGeek, sure, but this is BGG. Geeks sure are bad at assuming that everyone is 'in'! I thank you for the information.

I agree with your general point. DriveThru is also trying to build up a boardgame presence, via http://www.drivethrucards.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
An update appears on the thread because I asked about it! From Vic Wertz:

Quote:
I've figured out what all the things are. We'll have different packages for people looking to add to their first printing products and for those looking to update their second printing products. Drive-Thru has already color-matched the backs for the 1st printing stuff, and are now just working at color-matching the backs to the 2nd printing, and then we'll be good to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathius Nightingale
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there such a thing as a third printing of the game that has already corrected the problems, thus making the whole going through a third party not necessary?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Detrimus wrote:
Is there such a thing as a third printing of the game that has already corrected the problems, thus making the whole going through a third party not necessary?

There is not (at least not yet). I suppose if the second printing sold well enough they might issue a third printing. But they've said they don't plan to keep all the various adventure paths in print indefinitely. So if their current stock of RotR makes it to 2015 it is unlikely they'll reprint it any time soon.

The second printing seems to have a lot of stuff corrected. And Paizo will package different errata decks for different printings, so if you have a second you shouldn't need a big errata deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathius Nightingale
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I appreciate the response. I'm curious why the second printing wasn't able to include all of the errata. Is there a list available showing which cards were fixed in the second printing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Detrimus wrote:
I appreciate the response. I'm curious why the second printing wasn't able to include all of the errata. Is there a list available showing which cards were fixed in the second printing?

Not that I'm aware of. (Though I'd love to be able to compile such a list.)

The reason it doesn't contain all of the errata is because some weren't caught before the second printing was printed. By the time adventure 4, 5 and 6 were issued, the first printing was basically bought up within a week or two (I think for 6 Paizo subscribers alone might have accounted for most of the first printing.) So the second printing was essentially going out the door when the first printing did.

That means most of the errata for the base set and earlier adventures should be fixed in the second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathius Nightingale
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
Detrimus wrote:

Not that I'm aware of. (Though I'd love to be able to compile such a list.)

The reason it doesn't contain all of the errata is because some weren't caught before the second printing was printed. By the time adventure 4, 5 and 6 were issued, the first printing was basically bought up within a week or two (I think for 6 Paizo subscribers alone might have accounted for most of the first printing.) So the second printing was essentially going out the door when the first printing did.

That means most of the errata for the base set and earlier adventures should be fixed in the second printing.

I figured out that on the Official FAQ, anything that was added past January did not make the errata for 2nd printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxim Kalenkov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
Booh!
badge
Booh!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news about this errata deck? Where can I order it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They were thinking the end of October might be possible. I'm not sure if this week is still likely or not. It also looks like DriveThru will be offering something in addition to the errata.

I assume that when they are able to be ordered, you will do so at this site:
http://www.drivethrucards.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a bit of a joke at this point that over a year after the idea was proposed we're still waiting. This has definitely been a "back burner" project for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm hopeful that once they have it set up, any future cards will be available quickly. It sounds like the big issues have been two fold. First, the general licensing agreement (i.e. legal stuff), which also included the fact that Paizo wanted DriveThru to sell them with no profit for Paizo. DriveThru's system (at least when this all started) couldn't do that, as it is designed to let the publisher of the card get a profit from the card. And second, making sure they matched. In fact, looking at that thread, they are actually making sure that two different backs are available. One to match the "typical" saturation of the 1st printing and one to match the saturation of the second printing.

I'm excited to see what their other announcement is. My guess would be some way to design and print your own card on DriveThru's website. That would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is some kind of print-n-play for the organized play store scenarios (currently only available in PDF form); perhaps they'll introduce custom cards in the future.

Another possibility would be corrected cards for Skull & Shackles. The gaffe in AP1 "Press Ganged" was pretty bad with the hand size / bane goof.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2ryco?RotR-Errata-Deck-News#21

It appears this is almost complete.

As of 2/4/15:
Vic Wertz wrote:
I think we've just about ironed out the issues that have been preventing us from releasing the RotR errata decks as print-on-demand sets through our friends at DriveThruCards, and I expect these to be available in a couple of weeks.

Since we updated a bunch of cards in between the two printings, there will be different options depending on which printing you have.

Owners of first printings will have the following options:
• Updates for the Base Set Box, Adventure Deck 1, and the Character Add-On Deck (66 cards): $6.99
• Updates for Adventure Decks 2-6 (83 cards) $8.99
• Updates for Blessings of the Gods (36 cards) $3.99
• Updates for the full set (185 cards) $19.95
(I broke Blessings of the Gods out as a separate option because the change is pretty minor, and those of you who want to skip replacing those 36 cards will be able to save a few bucks.)

Owners of second printings will have just one option:
• Updates for the full set (79 cards) $7.99

As many of you know, we changed printers between our first two printings, and there's a small difference in both size and color of the cards between printings.

DriveThru has worked up two different card back color profiles with the goal of matching the original color profile of the set that the cards are designed to work with. That is, the first four products listed above will have a cardback that's color-matched as best as possible to the first printing, while the last product will have a cardback that's color-matched as best as possible to the second printing.

For the size issue, cards from our 1st printing are about half a millimeter longer than the cards from our second printing. DriveThru's cards more closely match our second printing cards. I think most people won't have a problem here; if you think you might, I'd suggest you wait for feedback from others before you buy anything.

Also, we are taking no revenue from these decks. The cost you see covers DriveThru's costs plus a small margin for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the 2nd printing edition [USA] of the base game, I have also bought the 6 adventure packs as well as the character add-on pack but I have no idea which edition they are...how can I check ? (I no longer have the original boxes of the adventure packs)

All I can see is that the Character Add-on as well as all the adventure packs cards are of different colour (back side) than the base game deck cards.

thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Jones
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have any first printing cards, you can line them up with cards from the second printing and see a .5 mm height difference. The first printing cards are also generally darker on the back, but not consistently so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the following cards
Character add-on: amulet of mighty fists
Deck 2: toxic cloud
Deck 3: swipe
Deck 4: amulet of fiery fists
Deck 5: blizzard
Deck 6: corrosive storm

Compare the powers to the faq. If the text on your cards matches the change in the faq, that deck is a second printing. If it doesn't it is a first printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata packs were released today, along with a community card creator.

http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lh6y?Community-Card-Cre...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't find an answer to if the 1st edition errata cards include the second edition errata cards as well. I'm assuming they do but wanted to make sure before I order so I don't have to pay for shipping twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.