165 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 

Two Rooms and a Boom» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: 2R1B PBF #83: Moscow Round 5 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
I am where I need to be when I need to be.
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Moscow comrades!

Players starting in Moscow Round 5:
namyzarc
interessovat
SailingChris
Mmazala
ranapuer
MaytheOdds
nolemonplease
Borgoto
FATNOOB

Starting leader
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Ranapuer

“The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand.” - Paraphrased from the novel Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell

The duly appointed and rightful governor of Moscow has appointed comrade Namyzarc as special ambassador to Leningrad. During the round the player may bold that they are using their Ambassador status to leave the room and travel to the other room for one hour. That player cannot vote or reveal any information on their cards. The ambassador can send whispers, receive whispers, and receive private reveals.

The leader of this room must choose ONE PERSON to transfer from MOSCOW to LENINGRAD. Leader, bold that you've chosen hostages to the room thread, and PM me your choices. In addition you must send me your executive decision (choose one) and any conditionals, including preference of transfers, in the case that your chosen transfers are not viable.

Your deadline to do this is Saturday, 10:00 BGG time (CST).

Executive Decisions for Round Five:

There is no need for Executive decisions at this point save one; Who will you side with?

If you have a rules or role question, geekmail me.

Please remember: All players assigned into a room MUST NOT CHEAT and look at the other room's thread. They may only read and post in their assigned room and chambers.

Locked Votes: Due to the nature of Lobbyist and other roles in this game, Locked Votes may not be unlocked during the round, unless a power forces them to re-lock a vote.

Final Roleset
More Rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
“A prince must imitate the fox and the lion, for the lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves."
badge
A life, some would argue, is a series of problems. There’s no denying the truth in that – but why get lost in it? Why not rise above the truth… and lead a good life? Shouldn’t we all look at problems as a chance for us to find… solutions?
mbmbmbmbmb
YOU MAY POST COMRADES!

The duly appointed and rightful governor of Moscow has appointed comrade Namyzarc as special ambassador to Leningrad. During the round the player may bold that they are using their Ambassador status to leave the room and travel to the other room for one hour. That player cannot vote or reveal any information on their cards. The ambassador can send whispers, receive whispers, and receive private reveals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it says not to post yet, but int the official topic it says Round 5 has begun, you may post, and I'm risking being late for work if I wait any longer so here it goes. EDIT: Ok, as I was typing this, you editied to say it was ok, so we're good.

I public reveal

I am the RED lobbyist!

I will use my power to force all players with the lobbied condiiton to lock-vote for me as leader.

Lobbied players in this room:

-Maytheodds
-nolemonplease
-namyzarc
-Fatnoob
-Borgoto

I will be at work for the next 8-9 hours. I'll catch up on all the messages tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh and vote ranapuer

later all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well comrades I am back and do not bring good tidings. Natsume has the other room on lockdown, the are almost all blues, and there is some sort of deal going on with her and Peer, who is the Born Leader.

The game is a coin flip.

There is a small chance that a deal may be struck that will allow Caitlin, Rana, and I (all ANOINTED) in on the coin flip. I'm pretty sure Natsume will also choose a special ambassador. Let's show her that we can play very nicely with the Greys:

1. We need one more usurpation for Emme

2. An anointed one has to be in power. I am happy to be voted in, then usurped out of the office for Rana if everyone here wants

3. After these have happened - we should let Borgoto gobble up all the cards.

Also, any hostages talk should be kept to whispers because of the Ambassadors.

Thoughts, comrades?

Vote FATNOOB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a quiet free spirit with a mysterious past
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lock vote Rana

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh. We can't do anything until Rana unlocks us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTES: Using longest last held vote method.

Current Leader: Rana Puer (ranapuer)

Ranapuer: Ranapuer (1), MaytheOdds (2)*
FATNOOB: FATNOOB (3)

If you are lobbied you must Lock-Vote for Ranapuer

*: signifies locked vote.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would anyone care to fill me in on what happened here last time around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lemon
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Vote Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lock Vote Ranapuer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Caitlin - I screwed up at the beginning and should have sent you over with Craig and Rana to try to get a Grey in power over there. My bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lemon
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh shoot. I already forgot the post I read.

Lock vote Rana
Unlock vote Rana
Vote Brian

I can do that, no? I'll keep the lobby condition, but help with usurping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ranapuer: Ranapuer (1), MaytheOdds (2)*, FATNOOB (5)*
FATNOOB: FATNOOB (3), nolemonplease (4)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
Oh shoot. I already forgot the post I read.

Lock vote Rana
Unlock vote Rana
Vote Brian

I can do that, no? I'll keep the lobby condition, but help with usurping.

Machiavellian wrote:

Locked Votes: Due to the nature of Lobbyist and other roles in this game, Locked Votes may not be unlocked during the round, unless a power forces them to re-lock a vote.

No you cannot. If you are lobbied, you must Lock vote on ranapuer and it must remain there, unless you are re-lobbied or he hands off leadership. (If you are "Stoned" you cannot vote).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rochelle
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Murph. You have to talk to me, Murph. I have to fix this, before I go.
badge
I'll keep it broken so you have to stay.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so.

Machiavellian wrote:

Unless I'm misunderstanding?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
No you cannot. If you are lobbied, you must Lock vote on ranapuer and it must remain there, unless you are re-lobbied or he hands off leadership. (If you are "Stoned" you cannot vote).

Ranapuer looks like he is our leader for the rest of the way then. He can't hand off leadership.

Emme - did you get your three usurpations in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lemon
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the definition then.

Quote:
When the Lobbyist public reveals, he can use his LOBBYING power to force all players who have the "lobbied" condition from him to lock-vote for him as leader that round. By keeping their vote there, they lose the "lobbied" condition (they only lose it when you use your power). If someone with the "lobbied" condition is leader, they will offer leadership to you.

It tells me I have to lock vote. And if I remain lock voted, I will lose the condition. Why can't I unlock and then keep the condition?

Vote Rana

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lemon
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
interessovat wrote:
I don't think so.

Machiavellian wrote:

Unless I'm misunderstanding?

Oh.

Lock vote Rana

Sorry Emme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:

Quote:
When the Lobbyist public reveals, he can use his LOBBYING power to force all players who have the "lobbied" condition from him to lock-vote for him as leader that round. By keeping their vote there, they lose the "lobbied" condition (they only lose it when you use your power). If someone with the "lobbied" condition is leader, they will offer leadership to you.

It tells me I have to lock vote. And if I remain lock voted, I will lose the condition. Why can't I unlock and then keep the condition?

Vote Rana

The rules at the beginning of every round have a notation on locked votes. That is what I quoted before. Were those rules not there, I agree, you could remove your locked vote, and keep the condition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lemon
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Machiavellian wrote:
nolemonplease wrote:

Quote:

Vote Rana

The rules at the beginning of every round have a notation on locked votes. That is what I quoted before. Were those rules not there, I agree, you could remove your locked vote, and keep the condition.

Yeah yeah. Who reads? =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boonta Frederickson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anything interesting happen here last round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ranapuer: Ranapuer (1), MaytheOdds (2)*, FATNOOB (5)*, Nolemonplease (6)*
FATNOOB: FATNOOB (3), nolemonplease (4)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent Emme
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Next trip: Ireland!
badge
Phelanpt Feb 11, 2:15 PM: evils have mostly stood by and watch goods fall. except for emme. she's spinning them round and round.
mbmbmbmbmb
namyzarc cannot vote!

Caity, grrrrr, which Chameleon are you?

I had a meeting unfortunately at 11:00 and the room thread wasn't ready then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolo Machiavelli
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the rat does not have a specification and that is partially what ambassador is based off of (though Ambassador is weaker & more restricted) the special Ambassador may read the whole of the thread for this round. Thematically, they are being briefed on the most recent events.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [7] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.