Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

Star Realms» Forums » General

Subject: Star Realms online - stealth needle bug rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Spice
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Avatar
Hey there,
I have emailed support about this but thought I would share here also. When playing online if you try to only play a stealth needle due to multiple discards for example; the game repeatedly asks which ship you would like to copy. The game gets stuck here and does not allow you to cancel or end your turn. I had this happen today and had to concede from a winning position, sob.

Hopefully this is an easy and quick fix
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I experienced this bug too and reported it on two separate occasions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to deflect the issue that this is indeed a bug, I'm confused as to why you would set your hand up this way in the first place. What you discard is not forced, you get to choose what you throw away. Why leave yourself with card that can't do anything when you can choose any of the other four cards that will at least let you do something...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
davypi wrote:
Not to deflect the issue that this is indeed a bug, I'm confused as to why you would set your hand up this way in the first place. What you discard is not forced, you get to choose what you throw away. Why leave yourself with card that can't do anything when you can choose any of the other four cards that will at least let you do something...


Valid point. But.

1st time it happened, I just didn't think ahead. Discarded scouts. Was left with bases and stealth needle.

The way it happened to me 2nd time was, that I got 4 bases and a stealth needle in the hand. (if you can believe that).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Spice
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
Avatar
davypi wrote:
Not to deflect the issue that this is indeed a bug, I'm confused as to why you would set your hand up this way in the first place. What you discard is not forced, you get to choose what you throw away. Why leave yourself with card that can't do anything when you can choose any of the other four cards that will at least let you do something...


Yeah I had to discard 3, can't remember exactly but quickly discarded scouts leaving the needle and a base I think. In any case it broke the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
koenigcitizen wrote:
davypi wrote:
Not to deflect the issue that this is indeed a bug, I'm confused as to why you would set your hand up this way in the first place. What you discard is not forced, you get to choose what you throw away. Why leave yourself with card that can't do anything when you can choose any of the other four cards that will at least let you do something...


Valid point. But.

1st time it happened, I just didn't think ahead. Discarded scouts. Was left with bases and stealth needle.

The way it happened to me 2nd time was, that I got 4 bases and a stealth needle in the hand. (if you can believe that).


So you're saying you play the 'multiple base' strategy....good to know for the tournament
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL whistle
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lietz
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I too got the "4 bases and 1 needle" hand. I don't really want to concede my game, so I keep bouncing out to the menu to get to the other games. Not really fair to my opponent, to be sure...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mikelietz wrote:
I too got the "4 bases and 1 needle" hand. I don't really want to concede my game, so I keep bouncing out to the menu to get to the other games. Not really fair to my opponent, to be sure...


You will have to either concede, or the game will forfeit the game after a certain time of "not taking a turn".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
msg tools
Yes, this sounds like a bug, but it raises the question: why are you buying the Stealth Needle along with so many bases?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jones
United States
Wilsonville
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
admiralspunky wrote:
Yes, this sounds like a bug, but it raises the question: why are you buying the Stealth Needle along with so many bases?


A) Its a powerful card. If you have bases, that means your opponent doesn't. Denying your opponent the needle would be a good defensive move.

B) I actually played a game last week where the AI and I had a pretty balanced deck. We were both regaining/blocking health as fast as we were hitting each other. The game went so long that we ran the center row out. We both had about six bases in our deck. Four bases and a needle doesn't necessitate that you don't have other ships in your deck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whilst this is clearly a 'bug' insofar as it makes you have to concede the game (which is a bit unfortunate), what are you supposed to do if the same thing happens "in real life"? Just count it as zero everything and end your turn?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Petersen
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LineOf7s wrote:
Whilst this is clearly a 'bug' insofar as it makes you have to concede the game (which is a bit unfortunate), what are you supposed to do if the same thing happens "in real life"? Just count it as zero everything and end your turn?

I would say you would count it as a Machine Cult ally, but it receives no attack or income.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Koenig
United States
Alexandria
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
steveisbig wrote:

I would say you would count it as a Machine Cult ally, but it receives no attack or income.


That's my thought, as well. Definitely not, a "concede the game instantly" card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
steveisbig wrote:
LineOf7s wrote:
Whilst this is clearly a 'bug' insofar as it makes you have to concede the game (which is a bit unfortunate), what are you supposed to do if the same thing happens "in real life"? Just count it as zero everything and end your turn?

I would say you would count it as a Machine Cult ally, but it receives no attack or income.


It's so stealthy it's not actually there, huh?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh Ryan
Australia
Richlands
QLD
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't looked at the card (closely) recently so I forgot it was part of the Machine Cult, so yeah treating it as an ally and zero everything else sounds exactly right.

I just thought in a thread where we point out what should NOT be happening, we'd better clarify what SHOULD.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny A.
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a game against the AI. The AI should discard 2 and discarded two ships (I believe one of them was a cutter or federation shuttle). It then played 2 bases and a Stealth Needle with no ship to copy.

It did not concede. But rather weird behavior to keep the Needle. I don't even think it used it to ally with a Machine Cult base.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexandre Boureau
France
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The application is now bugged when the AI plays a Stealth Needle : it does not copy anything, and only grants the red ally bonus to an other red card (which makes it quite overpriced...).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.