Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Manning
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

There were four of us playing Spartacus last night. Towards the end of the game, one of my friends called a primus- the first time we've experienced a four-player tournament. The guy who called the primus picked another player to join him to face off against my partner and me. They easily had the better two gladiators. In fact, my partner was using a starting gladiator, albeit with some equipment.

In the second round of combat, my gladiatorial partner managed to block all hits and then deal four crushing blows of his own. It was all over. I won initiative in the ensuing round and my partner injured the gladiator he was facing and then came to help me. I had a stalemate with the guy I was fighting. We had each managed a few hits, but nothing to really hurt the other. When my partner joined in, it took one round to decapitate my opponent.

They thought they had the easy win in the primus and ended up getting slaughtered. My friends were not happy. It became a two-on-two game after that. They took out their anger on us and we banded together to keep our heads above water. It was cool when it was over, but vicious when we were playing. This is why I love this game.

Bland my ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh yes, intrigue at its best. The game brings out the very worst in people and that is why it is one hell of a good game.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Strangely enough I am a 'nice' player who likes 'nice' games, good sportsmanship and even a co-operative game or two. I play with other 'nice' players, but when we play Spartacus we love it, and we are nasty to each other - but it's supposed to be like that, so we don't fall out about it!

Love the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.