SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's been a flurry of Amazon UK posts and they all lead back to Gadgetsville, a mail order firm in Doncaster. I've never dealt with them before, nor even looked at their site.

But under their clearance, they have:

Risk Legacy for £29.99
A Touch of Evil: The Coast for £22.58
Castelli for £26.38
which look like good prices. Everything else looks like RRP, and I've no experience so cannot comment on their customer service. Free shipping for UK.

What's interesting is that their Amazon prices are lower than their website prices (I know, standard practice). Weirdly, their own clearance price is lower than their own website price. But it might be worth checking on their site and then checking Amazon for something you've been looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Panayi
United Kingdom
Harrow
flag msg tools
I've ordered from them in the past. Prices are competitive, packaging is so-so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
their clearance stuff is mostly out of stock, risk has been their for 6+ months out of stock
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwrecks wrote:
their clearance stuff is mostly out of stock, risk has been their for 6+ months out of stock

Thank you, I didn't spot that. I thought the green lorry meant it was available now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
More Wine
United Kingdom
Manchester
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's useful to anyone I have ordered from them twice with no problems. I also once spoke with their customer services who were quick and friendly for what it's worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a porkupine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Used them several times without issue, aye.

I'll have a look. Their prices are usually at the low end of the scale.

The green lorry means free delivery is available, but it seems to be true of everything on their website so I'm not sure what the point of it is really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone explain a logic in so many of these sites having 90% of their stuff out of stock nearly permanently, but still very clearly listed on their site. Does this somehow make sense? something to do with SEO?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Partly, building a record of stock online takes ages. It's easier to leave an item up than remove it and re-add it later. it might be that they're simply waiting for a reprint or restock by the distributor.

Some online sellers hold zero stock. They simply order from the distributor as and when they get an enquiry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
Partly, building a record of stock online takes ages. It's easier to leave an item up than remove it and re-add it later. it might be that they're simply waiting for a reprint or restock by the distributor.

Some online sellers hold zero stock. They simply order from the distributor as and when they get an enquiry.
Well I mean more from a technical perspective. If it is out of stock it's trivial for the code to just hide the item for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRocketSurgeon wrote:

Well I mean more from a technical perspective. If it is out of stock it's trivial for the code to just hide the item for example.

There's a number of reasons you might not want to do that, though.
- If an item is out of stock that may give the customer the impression it's an in-demand item and make them more likely to buy it when you have it back in stock.
- It allows consumers to compare prices - and if you're cheaper than the next OLGS over, they may be happy to wait a couple of days for you to get the game back in stock to save a fiver.
- In periods of high demand (and/or not enough spare time to update online stock lists) it may give customers the impression that you only actually ever sell the three things you have in stock and therefore they shouldn't bother looking for things on your OLGS in the future.
- Out-of-stock products on a lot of sites can still be backordered, to be fulfilled when the item is back in stock, or customers could have their name added to a mailing list to be notified when the product is back in stock... which wouldn't be possible if the item were removed from the website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaveNilVino wrote:
If it's useful to anyone I have ordered from them twice with no problems. I also once spoke with their customer services who were quick and friendly for what it's worth.

How did you find their customer service?

I have sent a couple of emails about an order, without reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stylianos Kalaitzis
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
Same with me.Worst customer service ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Squiz
United Kingdom
Guildford
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, nearly a years delay! That is some bad customer service!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
My experience of them has been good, for the record.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soldier wrote:
My experience of them has been good, for the record.

Mine too, in the past.

But non-delivery + silence is always alarming.

Perhaps they're all on holiday, or there was a problem with their stock keeping. Or maybe they're overwhelmed.

But one way or another, an email is all it takes.

I remember when this happened with iguk a year or two ago. Eventually I kicked up a stink, and it (sadly) ended up bringing together a lot of dissatisfied customers, creating a mini furore.

I have no desire to hurt a small retailer working in the hobby I love. But complete silence is not ok after taking someone's money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara
United Kingdom
York
England
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Gadgetsville may be one chap called Roger if memory serves me right? He also seems to have a set routine and only answer emails once a day and not 7 days a week. Once my email was answered I found him to be fair but wary. We had a couple of issues but all resolved successfully.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a couple of expensive-ish items from them a while back and yes, they were very slow at responding to emails (if they did at all) but I got what I paid for in a reasonable time-frame, just not as quickly as we've come to expect from e.g. Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EYE of NiGHT wrote:
What's interesting is that their Amazon prices are lower than their website prices (I know, standard practice).
But, if you buy two or more items from them because of the (crazy) way people don't consolidate shipping costs on Amazon it can sometimes be cheaper buying from their website as there they DO consolidate shipping!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. He's got back to me now. Seems he was on holiday. I have no problem with that, small businesses are hard work. But people need at least to leave an auto email response explaining the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.