Popular Tags: [View All]
Barnaby Alsop
United Kingdom
Salisbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are 3 races that my friend and I have been working on. A few points:
1. Thanks for any constructive comments/healthy criticism in advance
2. Please no sarky comments - we are new at this, and we know there may be some aspects that need tweaking.
3. There has been play testing, so this isn't just random -see 2.
4. I have back stories for all 3 - just ask!
5. I would love someone on bgg to help me create race sheets/cards etc for these races. We neither own the software or possess the knowledge to do it ourselves! Please let me know if you are willing, and if I can find out how to get some geek gold I'll send it your way! I have artwork for the race sheets but not planets/reps
6. We have copied nothing on purpose -any similarities are coincidence.
7. Enjoy!

Psi’rata Cleansers

Racial Abilities:
-Mechanised units cost you only 1 resource.
-When executing the Secondary Ability of the Production Strategy Card you are only limited by the production capacity of your space docks.
-You may never withdraw or retreat from space battles. You are immune to all action cards that refer to retreats or withdrawels.

Starting Techs:
Hylar V Assault Lasers
Neural computing

Leaders: General, Agent, Agent

Representative 1: Stecor 050 (C) +4. If a law doesn’t resolve the way you voted, gain 2 destroyers in a system you control.

Representative 2: Atris 981 (C) +2. Gain 4 trade goods if a law resolves the way you voted.

Representative 3: Seprio 762 (B) +1. If this representative is targeted by a spy the spy’s owner must abstain.

Racial Tech 1: Combat Cores (3) Whenever one of your sustain damage ships is destroyed you may immediately place 2 free fighters in the contested system.

Racial Tech 2: Enhanced Construction Unit (4) Once per round, as an action, you may pay 1 Command Counter from Strategic Allocation to move one of your space docks to a planet in an activated system you control. You may immediately build in that system.

Starting Units:
1 Cruiser
1 Destroyer
1 Carrier
2 Fighters
2 GF
2 Mechanised units
1 Space Dock

Trade Agreements: 1,1

Home system:

Ociscen (4/0)

Flagship: The Purifier (10 / 6×2 / 1 / 2) At the end of each round of space combat add a die to the Purifier for each of your non-fighter ships lost that round (to a maximum of 5 extra dice)

The House of Ultio

Racial Abilities:
-Once per round, as an action, you may destroy 1 of your cruisers to gain 2 command counters
-Once per round, when you successfully invade a system containing at least one planet with a technology specialty you may refresh all the planet cards gained from the system that turn.
-All your sustain damage units cost +1 extra resource to build.

Starting Techs:
Gravity drive
Graviton negator
Enviro Compensator

Leaders: General, Agent, Scientist

Representative 1: Ulfer (S) +2. Target a representative, if not a bodyguard the owner must abstain from the vote or give you 1 random action card.

Representative 2: Ulrax (C) +5. Add the number of spies played to your votes.

Representative 3: Ulindex (B) +1. Any player who targets this representative with a spy must search through your technology deck and give you a free technology for which you have the prerequisites.

Racial Tech 1: Reality Distortion Field (4) Once per round, as an action, you may discard a Command Counter from Strategic Allocation to copy 1 of your opponent’s racial abilities for the remainder of the game round. You may not pick the same ability twice in a row.

Racial Tech 2: Pan-dimensional Gateway (2) Once per round, before the start of a space battle in which you participate, you may discard 1 Command Counter from Strategic Allocation to move up to 2 ships from your home system to the contested system.

Starting Units:
1 Dreadnaught
1 Carrier
4 GF
2 fighters
1 Space Dock

Trade Agreements: 2,2

Home system: Gravity rift.
Umbra (3/1),
Ira (1/2)

Flagship: Maelstrom (10 / 6×3 / 1 / 4) Before the start of a space battle in which this flagship participates you may discard 1 Command Counter from Strategic Allocation and force your apponent to return 2 non-fighter ships of their choice to their home system.

The Hunger

Racial Abilities:
-At the end of the strategy phase, select an opponent; every time that player builds units you may place 1 free Ground Force or 1 free Fighter in your home system.
During the voting stage of the Assembly/Political Strategy Card, you may spend 1 Command Counter from Strategic Allocation to control half the votes (rounded up) of a player who has less influence than your total influence. You may not do this if all your planets are exhausted.
-Every time a player with whom you have a trade agreement successfully plays an Action Card, you may gain an extra Action Card.

Starting Techs:
Enviro Compensators
Cybernetics

Leaders: General, Diplomat, Agent

Representative 1: Assimulo (S) +2 Target another player; copy all of their representative’s abilities, even if they are a bodyguard.

Representative 2: Demoror (S) +1 Target a representative, if it is a bodyguard the owner must return it to their hand immediately and abstain. Afterwards, return this spy to your hand.

Representative 3: Voro (C) +6 If a spy kills this representative you may instead pay 1 Trade Good to return him to your hand.

Racial Tech 1: Parasite Drones (4) During a space battle in which you participate, if your opponent is reduced to a single non-flagship, non-fighter ship you may spend 1 Command Counter from Strategic Allocation to convert that unit to your side (providing you have the plastic pieces available)

Racial Tech 2: Credit Leech (3) During the status phase, once scoring is complete, select another player whose Victory Points are higher than, or equal with yours. You may receive 4 Trade Goods for every Victory Point that player scored this round.

Starting Units:
2 Carriers
1 Cruiser
3GF
1 Space Dock

Trade Agreements: 3.1

Home System:
Atrox (1/4)
Dominiua (3/0)

Flagship: The Unquenchable (11 / 5x2 / 2 / 2)

At the start of a space battle in which this flagship participates you may spend 1 Command Counter from Strategic Allocation to control an opposing ship for the first round of combat. The controlled ship may not be taken as a casualty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bob mackenzie
msg tools
this is from my own opinion:
the cleansers - the problem with one of their racial abilities of production, is extremly limited to players. in the sense that if you for example are using base set SC then this ability is useless - i know many people do play with SE SC, just pointing out that anyway.

i would of given them 2 generals, being a more ground orientated race?

lastly ur racial tech of spacedock movement looks a bit OP to me. the wording should also say friendly activated system. in the sense that you could randomly create units quite close to ur opponent with little warning to them. i.e spawn 3 dreadnaughts right next to them instead of typically a few turns.

house - i dont really like the flagship and racial tech combo. transporting units around just doesnt work for me.

the hunger - their representatives seem a bit strong and unkillable.

balancing races is always hard and testing through various situations is the only way , best of luck guys - i havent tried myself because i quite like the premade races.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gagner
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could help create the artwork you are missing. I have templates for all the kinds of cards. I can't remember if I have representatives or not as my group does not play with them.

Do you have the race pictures and symbols already or would you need those?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barnaby Alsop
United Kingdom
Salisbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks bob!
I agree that the cleansers ability is useless without the SE production card- However, my group never play without it!

I also thought the cleansers would be more thematic with 2 generals (this race is my friend's baby ) however, their reliance on MUs means generals are possibly even less useful for them than normal- so I'm not sure. I'll be twisting my friends arm on this one maybe!

The spacedock tech can only be used in a friendly system (that's why we wrote it must be a system you control - both planets and space) It still might be OP with the instant build. Maybe just moving the dock is enough? Or perhaps only moving it to a system you controlled at the end of the last game round?
We wanted a 'fear factor' with this tech - like the 'spawn dreads in your back yard' horror you mentioned - so perhaps just slowing the process down might be a fix?

Ah, you spotted the infamous combo with the House flagship + racial! It does
Seem rather nasty, but the cost in CCs is pretty steep (notwithstanding their racial ability- although you might disagree!)
I must admit that their 2nd racial tech is my least favourite- even if very thematic (the back-story explains this)

I too was concerned about the hunger reps-I suppose we didn't want them to suffer from the Yssaril achilles heel of getting wiped out of politics because their spies make easy targets. That said, we never use reps either!

Thanks for your honest opinion - it helps! I'll wait to see what others say before I make any changes though whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barnaby Alsop
United Kingdom
Salisbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the offer!
I have race pictures for all three, symbols for one with the other two work in progress!
I can send what I have over if you want? They give some idea of the colour scheme for the races to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.